LUFCTALK Prediction League 2015/16

A quick introduction to LUFCtalk and some brief guidelines.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: LUFCTALK Prediction League 2015/16

Post by MOT1964 »

rigger wrote:Jesus.

I am so sorry ..

I've repeated the previous mistake by not updating the actual scores from the Brighton and Reading matches, but blindly hitting the "Compile Scores" button in the admin panel so the points allocated are for two 0-0 draws.

Sincere apologies.

FFS .. there was me being all cocky thinking it was a piece of cake :o

We'll get it sorted .. again .. please bear with us but feel free to hammer me for it in the meantime :D
:wave: :wave: Looks like the same mistake has been made again with the Forest game

Edit ...... I've just noticed that this has been flagged up in the match thread :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

All sorted.

It's not as easy as it looks, believe me.

Anyway .. we know what caused it and for once it wasn't human error, and we've now taken steps to stop it ever happening again.
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

rigger wrote:All sorted.

It's not as easy as it looks, believe me.

Anyway .. we know what caused it and for once it wasn't human error, and we've now taken steps to stop it ever happening again.

Not a criticism, just highlighting it.

The time put into running the league is appreciated :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as being miffed or offended - I really wasn't, it's just that we'd been discussing it in the mods' forum so I just carried on in the same vein from there ;)
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

rigger wrote:Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as being miffed or offended - I really wasn't, it's just that we'd been discussing it in the mods' forum so I just carried on in the same vein from there ;)
:thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Not having a go here, honest, but how has Si managed to enter himself twice for the Cardiff game ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:Not having a go here, honest, but how has Si managed to enter himself twice for the Cardiff game ?
Modmin innit :twisted: I blame ANS more brown envelopes stuffed with £20 notes than Clough. Allegedly :twisted:
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Not having a go here, honest, but how has Si managed to enter himself twice for the Cardiff game ?
Modmin innit :twisted: I blame ANS more brown envelopes stuffed with £20 notes than Clough. Allegedly :twisted:
It's tight at the top, we mere members (non-mods) have to keep an eye on these things :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Don't worry - we're way ahead of you.

At precisely 18:29 today, I posted a screenshot in the mods' room about it.
Just to put it on record, Si is currently on 88pts, so we'll keep an eye on it and hope it's just one of those weird glitches that pops up from time to time only to sort itself out overnight.
If he gets double points or anything like that then we'll investigate further .. especially if it means he, Barlow Boy, zigzag and woollywhite have all been at it and I should really resume my rightful place at the top of the league :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

You know my limited computer skills pal, I can't even post photos never mind manipulate scores.

Anyway, thanks for the notification and good luck to all for the run in :thumbup: