Any thoughts?

A quick introduction to LUFCtalk and some brief guidelines.
sawadee
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Any thoughts?

Post by sawadee »

Just a thought.. has there ever been a proposal to change our user ranking thingy's? So instead of bowyers~lawyer or mcdermotts~ statitician etc there could be names that better reflect maybe the length of membership, number of posts posted or just general standing. A ranking system with ranks such as heavy hitter, marvel, contributor, guide, or even fresh meat -that'll be me then). Just a thought.
Deleted User 2747

Re: Any thoughts?

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

I thought that the current one does that, but in a very quiet and subtle way. I wouldn't like it to become elitist in any way!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

sawadee wrote:Just a thought.. has there ever been a proposal to change our user ranking thingy's? So instead of bowyers~lawyer or mcdermotts~ statitician etc there could be names that better reflect maybe the length of membership, number of posts posted or just general standing. A ranking system with ranks such as heavy hitter, marvel, contributor, guide, or even fresh meat -that'll be me then). Just a thought.

No, it's fine the way it is.

The point of it is that you earn a new title the more posts you make.
That's it. Nice and simple.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Well I never knew that!
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

dlw10 wrote:Well I never knew that!
Ditto !
Deleted User 728

Really ??

I thought it was common knowledge.
I can't remember the threshold for each step up the "ladder" though - it might be every 2000 posts ??
Maybe one of the other mods could confirm ?
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Mine changed after 1000 posts, don't know the next level as I haven't reached it yet!
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I can access each post level in the admin section of the forum. I'll do it later and post it here.

I'd do it now but I'm in bed just browsing the forum on my phone. Apologies to anyone who gets a mental image of me in bed, with a smoking jacket and cigarette on one of those long holder thingys
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Sheepy wrote:I can access each post level in the admin section of the forum. I'll do it later and post it here.

I'd do it now but I'm in bed just browsing the forum on my phone. Apologies to anyone who gets a mental image of me in bed, with a smoking jacket and cigarette on one of those long holder thingys
Oooh dear, I can't get rid of that mental picture now!
Deleted User 728

dlw10 wrote:
Sheepy wrote:I can access each post level in the admin section of the forum. I'll do it later and post it here.

Oooh dear, I can't get rid of that mental picture now!
I've always had that image of you, Sheepy 8-)