How to read & track new posts

A quick introduction to LUFCtalk and some brief guidelines.
Deleted User 2

Re: How to read & track new posts

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Sheepy wrote:hmmm, leave it with me, I'll fathom something :-)
I'm looking forward to what you can dig up :p
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I know what you mean, just been on the phpbb.com website and there are as many people on there with similar questions....

and so far no solution!
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Ok took me a few mins but got to grips with it :mrgreen: delighted with this new format.

The thing I like about our admin here is they actually listen to their members :D and when something isn't right like the speed of the old one they took action to rectify it so on a personal note, thank you both Sheepy and Bogdan.

That's the type of action we need inside the boardroom of Elland Road :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sheepy,

When I logged on this morning, they were all genuine new posts i.e none that I had seen before. Presumably, it is something to do with the time you are out/off the forum when the all the posts you have read disappear.

Hope that makes sense :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Yes, the new posts are between the time you log off and then log back in again.

On the old forum the 'new posts' were those that were literally made regardless of if you were logged in or logged out.

I hope that makes sense myself!
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Just realised there's a great way to maximise the use of "view unread posts". Each topic has this icon circled in the screenshot below, which takes you to the first unread post within that topic (rather than the first or last post in that topic). Open each of them in a tab and this way you can skip topics that you don't want or have time to track every time.

Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

:clap:, thanks Bogdan, this speeds things up a lot.

I have been using the unread posts in the topic format, reading the posts and then skipping back to the topic format list and pressing f5 to whittle them down.

Cheers
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Bogdan wrote:Just realised there's a great way to maximise the use of "view unread posts". Each topic has this icon circled in the screenshot below, which takes you to the first unread post within that topic (rather than the first or last post in that topic). Open each of them in a tab and this way you can skip topics that you don't want or have time to track every time.

Just wanted to thank you for pointing this out, it's massively improved my forum experience, it's now even loads easier than on the old forum to keep track of what I've read and what's been posted etc. :thumbup: Great addition
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."