How to read & track new posts

A quick introduction to LUFCtalk and some brief guidelines.
Deleted User 2

How to read & track new posts

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Handy tip for everyone being used to reading "new posts" in a single list from the old forum.

There are two ways to see new posts in this system. On the homepage, top left above the main content area, find the "View unread posts" and "View new posts" links.

View unread posts will show you topics/posts you haven't yet visited (even older ones, until you visit them or mark them all as red), grouped by topic

View new posts will show all post made since the last time you logged in, post by post, in a single list (which you can navigate with page links top and bottom of the listing).

To clear the unread posts, top right of the homepage you'll be able to find the handy "Mark forums read" link which will reset all posts as having been read for your account (until new ones are made).
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: How to read & track new posts

Post by Barlow Boy »

I use the 'view new posts' all the time, on the old site there was a mark all posts as read button (or something like that). Is there one here ?.

Apologies, if I am being a bit thick.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

I'm not getting this :(

The new posts seems to be every single post that's being posted, even when I've read them and (I think) marked topics or sections as read :?

Maybe it's because I'm just using phone browser or something but I don't seem to be able to find just new posts at all so keep seeing the same ones I've already read :(
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Pecky10 wrote: The new posts seems to be every single post that's being posted, even when I've read them and (I think) marked topics or sections as read :?
Did you see the bit where I said that "new posts" means "posts made since the last time you logged in? :)

The "unread posts" are the ones that take into account which ones you've read or not.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

Bogdan wrote:
Pecky10 wrote: The new posts seems to be every single post that's being posted, even when I've read them and (I think) marked topics or sections as read :?
Did you see the bit where I said that "new posts" means "posts made since the last time you logged in? :)
Yes, but I didn't appreciate that I have to physically log out and log back in every time now, I'm used to having it set up so the forum logs me in automatically when I go to the forum, so didn't realise that doesn't count as logging in/out.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

It will take some getting used to because we all knew where the biscuit cupboard was in the last place.

I've been using 'view unread posts' as the best way of keeping on top of the new stuff.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sheepy wrote:It will take some getting used to because we all knew where the biscuit cupboard was in the last place.

I've been using 'view unread posts' as the best way of keeping on top of the new stuff.
But that then brings it up in 'topic format', or at least it does on mine, so you have to log into each topic to read the post.

Can we have a 'mark all posts as read' button, like we did in the old place :?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I guess its whatever you prefer, I quite like seeing them in topic format.

We do have the old 'mark all posts as read', its to the right hand side:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Thanks for the reply Sheepy, but that only appears to work in the View Unread Posts section rather than the View New Posts section.

Am I still doing something wrong ?. :oops:
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

hmmm, leave it with me, I'll fathom something :-)