Time for an Update?

A quick introduction to LUFCtalk and some brief guidelines.

Time for an Update?

Postby Deleted User 3289 » 11 Dec 2017, 10:10

Not sure where to post this. So I have stuck it here. :D

Just flicking through some of the players shown in the top right hand side is it time for a update?

I don't no about you, but when I see players like.

Bromby, Lewis, Pugh, Kandol, Lee's, White, Pearce, Naylor,

It doesn't inspire me, and that's putting it politely. :D I may be wrong but I don't see a Martyn, Wallace, Sterland. You know when we were decent. :thumbup:

Not being that computer savvy I don't no the work involved, but isn't it time, in this new dawn era of Leeds United that we start and leave the deadwood behind. :P
Deleted User 3289
 

Re: Time for a Update?

Postby rigger » 11 Dec 2017, 11:00

We've debated this on and off between the mods and it's not as simple as it sounds.
The issue is with the admin rights and the knowhow - I think there's only two people who can actually change them and neither of them are around at the mo'.

We even got so far as to draw up a list of the ones we'd keep and the ones we'd ditch so you're not alone in wanting the change, it's just a bit of a headache logistically.
User avatar
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 15033
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 17:35

Re: Time for a Update?

Postby Another Northern Soul » 11 Dec 2017, 11:26

rigger wrote:We've debated this on and off between the mods and it's not as simple as it sounds.
The issue is with the admin rights and the knowhow - I think there's only two people who can actually change them and neither of them are around at the mo'.

We even got so far as to draw up a list of the ones we'd keep and the ones we'd ditch so you're not alone in wanting the change, it's just a bit of a headache logistically.


Yes, thanks VHTM, I for one fully agree but Rigger is 100% right there, and we certainly have complained ourselves about the player images especially.
User avatar
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5898
Joined: 01 Nov 2015, 09:55

Re: Time for a Update?

Postby NottinghamWhite » 11 Dec 2017, 11:27

Like Rigger this has been discussed on several occasions & it's a job for Admin. Alright I carry that title but haven't got the necessary know how to do the changes. We've also looked again at changing the status a member is at ie Gary Monks Statistican etc but again this is a job for someone like Sheepy but he's busy setting his own business up. Will try & contact him & see if he can find the time to do the changes.
User avatar
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 27408
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 10:10

Re: Time for a Update?

Postby rigger » 11 Dec 2017, 11:34

NottinghamWhite wrote:Like Rigger this has been discussed on several occasions & it's a job for Admin. Alright I carry that title but haven't got the necessary know how to do the changes. We've also looked again at changing the status a member is at ie Gary Monks Statistican etc but again this is a job for someone like Sheepy but he's busy setting his own business up. Will try & contact him & see if he can find the time to do the changes.


Thinking about it, he'll probably take a few days off this month so maybe we can get him to do something ??
User avatar
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 15033
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 17:35

Re: Time for a Update?

Postby Deleted User 3289 » 11 Dec 2017, 12:02

Worth a shout out. It does get abit embarrassing when names like Somma pop-up. Anyone stopping by would be fooled into thinking he was part of folklore here at Leeds. :shifty:
Deleted User 3289
 

Re: Time for an Update?

Postby Deebo » 22 Dec 2017, 03:15

Totally agree. We need to sort this out, as the forum looks really dated with some of these banners
User avatar
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 1594
Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 17:20
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Time for an Update?

Postby Deebo » 24 Jan 2018, 04:05

Great news, we have finally deleted the very out of date banners related to the circa 2013 team (Diouf, Soma, etc),

We are going to look at adding some new ones in soon, so watch this space :)
User avatar
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 1594
Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 17:20
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Time for an Update?

Postby rigger » 24 Jan 2018, 09:36

Deebo wrote:We are going to look at adding some new ones in soon, so watch this space :)


I think you mean watch the top right hand corner, don't you ?? :D
User avatar
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 15033
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 17:35

Re: Time for an Update?

Postby Wigan White » 24 Jan 2018, 09:58

rigger wrote:
Deebo wrote:We are going to look at adding some new ones in soon, so watch this space :)


I think you mean watch the top right hand corner, don't you ?? :D


Haha. A little pedantic, even for you Rigger. :roll:
User avatar
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner
 
Posts: 2079
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 13:19
Location: Wigan

Next

Return to Rules & Regs, Introductions, Academic Surveys and Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest