Time for an Update?

A quick introduction to LUFCtalk and some brief guidelines.
Deleted User 3289

Time for an Update?

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Not sure where to post this. So I have stuck it here. :D

Just flicking through some of the players shown in the top right hand side is it time for a update?

I don't no about you, but when I see players like.

Bromby, Lewis, Pugh, Kandol, Lee's, White, Pearce, Naylor,

It doesn't inspire me, and that's putting it politely. :D I may be wrong but I don't see a Martyn, Wallace, Sterland. You know when we were decent. :thumbup:

Not being that computer savvy I don't no the work involved, but isn't it time, in this new dawn era of Leeds United that we start and leave the deadwood behind. :P
Deleted User 728

Re: Time for a Update?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

We've debated this on and off between the mods and it's not as simple as it sounds.
The issue is with the admin rights and the knowhow - I think there's only two people who can actually change them and neither of them are around at the mo'.

We even got so far as to draw up a list of the ones we'd keep and the ones we'd ditch so you're not alone in wanting the change, it's just a bit of a headache logistically.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

rigger wrote:We've debated this on and off between the mods and it's not as simple as it sounds.
The issue is with the admin rights and the knowhow - I think there's only two people who can actually change them and neither of them are around at the mo'.

We even got so far as to draw up a list of the ones we'd keep and the ones we'd ditch so you're not alone in wanting the change, it's just a bit of a headache logistically.
Yes, thanks VHTM, I for one fully agree but Rigger is 100% right there, and we certainly have complained ourselves about the player images especially.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Like Rigger this has been discussed on several occasions & it's a job for Admin. Alright I carry that title but haven't got the necessary know how to do the changes. We've also looked again at changing the status a member is at ie Gary Monks Statistican etc but again this is a job for someone like Sheepy but he's busy setting his own business up. Will try & contact him & see if he can find the time to do the changes.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

NottinghamWhite wrote:Like Rigger this has been discussed on several occasions & it's a job for Admin. Alright I carry that title but haven't got the necessary know how to do the changes. We've also looked again at changing the status a member is at ie Gary Monks Statistican etc but again this is a job for someone like Sheepy but he's busy setting his own business up. Will try & contact him & see if he can find the time to do the changes.
Thinking about it, he'll probably take a few days off this month so maybe we can get him to do something ??
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Worth a shout out. It does get abit embarrassing when names like Somma pop-up. Anyone stopping by would be fooled into thinking he was part of folklore here at Leeds. :shifty:
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Time for an Update?

Post by Deebo »

Totally agree. We need to sort this out, as the forum looks really dated with some of these banners
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Great news, we have finally deleted the very out of date banners related to the circa 2013 team (Diouf, Soma, etc),

We are going to look at adding some new ones in soon, so watch this space :)
Deleted User 728

Deebo wrote:We are going to look at adding some new ones in soon, so watch this space :)
I think you mean watch the top right hand corner, don't you ?? :D
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

rigger wrote:
Deebo wrote:We are going to look at adding some new ones in soon, so watch this space :)
I think you mean watch the top right hand corner, don't you ?? :D
Haha. A little pedantic, even for you Rigger. :roll: