Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research

A quick introduction to LUFCtalk and some brief guidelines.
theacademic1
Terry Venables's car dealer

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research

Post by theacademic1 »

Hi all,

I am involved in a research study looking at fans' views of sex and gender classification in sport and I am hoping you can spare a few minutes of your time to share your thoughts in an online survey: https://teesside.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/tr ... -and-sport

Thanks in advance.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research

Post by Selby White »

Survey moved to appropriate section of the forum by moderator.
Please post surveys in this section to avoid cluttering the forum.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Done.

I have to say that I had to read the first question half a dozen times before I understood fully what was being asked of me .. and even then I wasn't totally sure.
I really think you need to hone the questions a bit because they're too long-winded and ultimately quite off-putting. I nearly jacked it in, but having worked at a couple of uni's and having been a student twice myself I didn't want to do that. I hope you take this as constructive criticism :)

If it was my survey, I would write a more concise paragraph as a statement before each question and then make what you're asking a lot more to the point, maybe asking two or three questions for each part.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

rigger wrote:Done.

I have to say that I had to read the first question half a dozen times before I understood fully what was being asked of me .. and even then I wasn't totally sure.
I really think you need to hone the questions a bit because they're too long-winded and ultimately quite off-putting. I nearly jacked it in, but having worked at a couple of uni's and having been a student twice myself I didn't want to do that. I hope you take this as constructive criticism :)

If it was my survey, I would write a more concise paragraph as a statement before each question and then make what you're asking a lot more to the point, maybe asking two or three questions for each part.
I looked at the questions yesterday. I did answer the first one but like you said it wasn't a straight open ended question but a paradoxical question. I wasn't sure which way to answer it.

If you're reading these replies mate. We are all happy to help your academic survey but try to unravel the question's depth so that many more can answer them easily for you. You can always change the question's back to its original after we've accomplished the answers.