Introduce yourself here
Brigg White
Giddy Kipper

Re: New Member

Post by Brigg White »

Re: In the fa cup robbery I seem to remember Lorimer hit one from outside the box and the ref disallowed it because he was blowing for time and he said he'd 'finished blowing it before the ball crossed the line'. Maybe it's just my warped memory. It was in the days of black & white tv.

FAO Davycc: I lived in La Zenia a few miles south of Torrevieja (Alicante province) for 2 years, then moved to a place called Calasparra in Murcia region which is about an hour and a half inland. I now live in Brigg, N.lincolnshire but still spend a fair bit of time in Spain as I haven't sold the place there.

Thanks to all for the welcome.

Mark.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

No, it was a free kick, just outside the area and the ref disallowed it because (from memory) there was a problem with the Chelsea wall. So Chelsea, who gave the foul away, got an advantage. The ref (can't remember who) got a lot of stick from the press.
I once played against Don Revie.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

johnh wrote:No, it was a free kick, just outside the area and the ref disallowed it because (from memory) there was a problem with the Chelsea wall. So Chelsea, who gave the foul away, got an advantage. The ref (can't remember who) got a lot of stick from the press.
Ken Burns, the list of referees who have robbed us is a long one. I remember it from the Glory years VHS tape I've still got! :shock:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.