Belgium calling

Introduce yourself here
Gilla
Giddy Kipper

Belgium calling

Post by Gilla »

Hello everyone!

My name is Gilles and I'm from Belgium. I live in Leuven, the home of the famous Belgian beer... Stella Artois.
Coming January 2015 I'll be an exchange student for one semester at the University of Leeds.
Of course I'll be keen to visit Elland Road and to attend some football games to experience the unique English atmosphere.
I remember Leeds beat my favourite Belgian team RSC Anderlecht 2-1 and 1-4 in the Champion's League in the 2000/01 season,
and Leeds almost ended up winning the Champion's League if it wasn't for a 3-0 loss in Valencia.

I must admit that's as far as my knowledge of Leeds United goes.
But to make up for it and to get to know the current team I decided to register on this forum.
At the same time I started a new game in Football Manager 2014 with Leeds United ;)

I've been following the Premier League closely the last couple of years, mainly because of the incredible amount
of (young) Belgian players who are now playing in the Prem.

I can't wait until the World Cup 2014 starts and I hope that Belgium can impress.

I hope to have a good time here :)
MOT!
Last edited by Gilla on 23 Apr 2014, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Belgian Red Devils @ World Cup Brazil 2014
RSC Anderlecht
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Belgium calling

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome to the forum Gilles :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Salut Gilles !

Bienvenue :D
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

Welcome in mon ami :thumbup:
You certainly have a glut of excellent young Belgians at the moment.
How do you think you're going to do in Rio?

You'll get to know Leeds very quickly-the team that is, but you've an advantage of sorts in that there wont be too many of the squad still here next season if we are lucky. You can learn afresh with all your new Leeds mates :D :D :thumbup:

Enjoy the site mate.

PS You may want to photoshop that picture of Hazard. Not too many like Chelski around these parts. Put him in a Leeds shirt :lol: :o
Exceptionally gifted player though. Wonder if we could persuade Thorgan to join us next season, heard he's looking a move to England......... :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: ;)
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Here he is in a much more fitting shirt, playing for my French club, LOSC.
Did you know Lille is twinned with Leeds ??
Look no further for your team in France - honest, hardworking, northern, industrial city, five letters beginning with "L" :D

It's a great place and the fans are quite passionate for France.

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Welcome to the forum. All the regular member will know what I'm going to ask so.... where abouts in Belgium are you from. I'll add you to our Leeds map http://pininthemap.com/LUFCTALK

PS you'll be our first Belgium member on the map :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Hartelijk welkom Gilles. (ou bienvenu, comme tu veux alors!)
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Gilla
Giddy Kipper

Post by Gilla »

dskimcbski wrote:Welcome in mon ami :thumbup:
You certainly have a glut of excellent young Belgians at the moment.
How do you think you're going to do in Rio?

You'll get to know Leeds very quickly-the team that is, but you've an advantage of sorts in that there wont be too many of the squad still here next season if we are lucky. You can learn afresh with all your new Leeds mates :D :D :thumbup:

Enjoy the site mate.

PS You may want to photoshop that picture of Hazard. Not too many like Chelski around these parts. Put him in a Leeds shirt :lol: :o
Exceptionally gifted player though. Wonder if we could persuade Thorgan to join us next season, heard he's looking a move to England......... :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: ;)
Thank you. I'm just hoping we can qualify for the second round and then we'll most likely meet Portugal or Germany...
Hopefully we can put up a fight... and we'll see how far we can go. ;)
P.S.: Adnan Januzaj just officially chose to play for the Belgian national team! :)

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Photoshop, so unless someone can change it into a Leeds Shirt for me, I'll just leave it like it is right now.
And his brother Thorgan's got plenty of talent as well, but I heard he's looking for Premier League teams or for a team in Germany's Bundesliga (Schalke 04 & Borussia Dortmund supposedly).

Davycc wrote:Welcome to the forum. All the regular member will know what I'm going to ask so.... where abouts in Belgium are you from. I'll add you to our Leeds map http://pininthemap.com/LUFCTALK

PS you'll be our first Belgium member on the map :thumbup:
I already posted in your topic :)
I'm glad that I'm the first one to represent my country. :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, I'm Flemish speaking, but I can speak French as well, so "bedankt'/"merci" mapperleywhite & Rigger
Belgian Red Devils @ World Cup Brazil 2014
RSC Anderlecht
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Hi mate, welcome in
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Hi mate and welcome to the forum. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT