Birthday present for my dad who is turning 50

Introduce yourself here
Grizzler
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Birthday present for my dad who is turning 50

Post by Grizzler »

Hello!

My dad is turning 50 this year in August, and me and my siblings would think it would be a really great idea to bring him to a Leeds game since he has been a fan ever since he was young!

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what we can do to maximize his experience with this so it's something he won't forget.

He is turning 50 in early august, and lives in Norway (I moved to the UK in October) , so ideally it would be around that time and possibly around a weekend? Is there any classic home matches coming up, and what else can we do related to Leeds?

It's still a bit of long way left, but I would like to start planning this.

Thanks!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Birthday present for my dad who is turning 50

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome Mate

First thing is wait till the fixtures come out, think it's the beginning of next month. Once you have decided sent a photograph of your Dad to the programme editor to be included in the match programme. The Bremner Suite is a decent alternative to the match day experience.

Phil
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Hi mate,

I would suggest you also take in a tour of the stadium prior to the game, generally you go pitch side, in the dug outs, dressing rooms, television gantries etc along with all the other areas of interest.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

If it had been at the beginning of last year, your dad might have even got a game. :lol:

For my 50th birthday, I was surfing in the waves in Australia on the a Gold Coast at Surfers paradise. :thumbup:

I hope your dad has a great time and welcome to the forum mate.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Grizzler

Post by Grizzler »

Hi again,

I think I am aiming for Middlesbrough match 16th of August.

When do tickets come up for sale? And can anyone buy them, or do you have to be part of the supporterclub or something?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Grizzler wrote: I think I am aiming for Middlesbrough match 16th of August.
First home league game of the season, good choice mate :thumbup:.

I would have thought tickets will be on sale shortly, keep an eye on the official site for more details. I'm a season ticket holder, so don't tend to notice the order but I think it members first and then they go on general sale - there will be plenty left.

Let us all know if you have any more questions.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I can't remember my 50th, it was so long ago. I think it was when I was about 50. Best of luck Grizzler, hope you get sorted OK.
I once played against Don Revie.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Aces wrote:If it had been at the beginning of last year, your dad might have even got a game. :lol:
Haha. Nice one, Aces. Sad but true. :lol: :clap:

Welcome in Grizzler. Could you have a word with my son as I'm 50 in September and he's got absolutely no idea. :eh: :roll:
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Sniffer wrote:
Aces wrote:If it had been at the beginning of last year, your dad might have even got a game. :lol:
Haha. Nice one, Aces. Sad but true. :lol: :clap:

Welcome in Grizzler. Could you have a word with my son as I'm 50 in September and he's got absolutely no idea. :eh: :roll:
Sniifer, as NW would say 'you're nowt but a young 'un!' :D

And, welcome in to Grizzler, good look with your plans, re:- your Dad. :thumbup:
Grizzler

Post by Grizzler »

Thanks all :)

I don't think we have much time to do a tour before the match since it starts at 12:15 and we have to fly in the morning from London. Do you think it would be possible for my dad to do like photoshoots with the players or something after the game?