Birthday present for my dad who is turning 50

Introduce yourself here
Grizzler
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Re: Birthday present for my dad who is turning 50

Post by Grizzler »

So, I can buy the tickets for the game now.

is there any recommendation to where to sit? Is the family side Ok for 4 people? I think I'm dropping the bremmer suite, as it's a bit too fancy for him I think.
I just want to get a good atmosphere from the stadium and the audience.
Holt Park Loyal
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Holt Park Loyal »

For atmosphere you want the Kop (North Stand) try and get in N9 10 or 11, I think N11 is probably the best personally speaking
Grizzler

Post by Grizzler »

Just ordered tickets. And it is for N7 , hopefully it's ok. The other ones were kinda full.

Just have to figure out the best way to get to Leeds now, looks like we have to take a flight 07:20 in the morning, eugh..
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Grizzler wrote:Just ordered tickets. And it is for N7
Towards the corner I think, good spot, you will enjoy it mate.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
__chris__
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by __chris__ »

Grizzler wrote:Just ordered tickets. And it is for N7 , hopefully it's ok. The other ones were kinda full.

Just have to figure out the best way to get to Leeds now, looks like we have to take a flight 07:20 in the morning, eugh..

You'll get a good atmosphere there, so enjoy.
Did you say you were coming from London? Simplest thing is to get the direct train from Kings Cross. If you want to upgrade to 1st Class tickets (which could add to the birthday experience) once you're on the train, this typically adds about £25 per person each way just ask the guard when you get on.

Once you're outside the station, the taxi rank is right in front of you and will get you to ER for under a tenner.
on the way back, the queue for a taxi is a long wait so don't book yourselves on the first train home and unless you tell them otherwise, most cabs try and dump you at the bottom of a set of stairs that leads back up to the station rather than drive round to the main entrance itself.

Leaving enough time to go to the club shop, pay homage at Billy's statue etc. I reckon you could get the 09.03 direct service, arrive in Leeds at 11:25, and still be at ER for 11:40(ish)
Grizzler

Post by Grizzler »

Thanks for the replies!

We are spending the night in Leeds on Saturday to Sunday to see what Leeds has to offer, any tips would be great!

As for travelling up to Leeds, I would prefer the train to be honest, means 1 hour more sleep for them as they arrive 11:10 in the evening the night before, and they are coming to Wokingham (as I live there). But we would have luggage with us, so ideally we would drop that off at a hotel or leave in lockers(?) if they have any at the train station.

I would also like him to take a tour of the stadium if possible after the match, otherwise I'm not too sure if there is time before hand.
__chris__
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by __chris__ »

06:56 from Wokingham to Waterloo.
Northern Line Tube to Warren Street. Change for Victoria Line to Kings Cross/St Pancras.
09:03 from Kings Cross to Leeds.
Arrive 11:25.

Tours don't run after a game I'm afraid but you might be able to book in for the Sunday tour which used to run at 2pm. Check with Ticket office for details. They also used to offer Sunday Lunch in the Restaurant there. Again you're best checking with the ticket office for the full info.
Grizzler

Post by Grizzler »

Well, this was a huge success!

He enjoyed it so much that he was emotional at the end when he realised what he had been part off! We had a great time in Leeds, and we didn't go home from the Bars until 4AM on Sunday morning!

He called his wife after the match and said he would go here twice a month now! :p
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, the seating we had was excellent (apart from the seats had no legroom whatsoever).