New member from Trysil - Norway.

Introduce yourself here
PGS
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

New member from Trysil - Norway.

Post by PGS »

Hi all,

Being a big fan of Leeds United for 45 years, I am excited to follow Leeds and this forum. Growing up with the super-leeds team of the 60's and 70's, it has been some downers through the years to follow, but I never loose faith and are optimistic before every match.
I am also doing the pilgrimage to Elland Road in November, and am very excited getting to see Leeds live for the first time.

Cheers from Trysil,

PG
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: New member from Trysil - Norway.

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome from another Revie lad. My first game was 1967-68 so like yourself I've had a fair share of ups & downs. A little story when we played Doncaster in the playoffs I was in Sicily on a cruise & met a Norwegian lad who was also a huge Leeds fan, he had the club badge tattooed over his heart. Anyway we searched everywhere to see the game but it was the day of the Italian Grand Prix so that's all that was showing in local bars. Eventually we gave up & returned to the ship totally deflated only to find they were showing the game on board in the cabin. I ran up stairs to tell him & before I knew what was happening the was about 20 folk in our cabin. We had a waiter, who we looked after financially ;) running himself ragged providing beers & food. Great day only once again ruined by the football.

I was a Viking White for the day. :D

MOT
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum mate :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

Welcome in PG-best Leeds forum on the www :thumbup:
I was in Amsterdam last weekend watching the Brum game and met another Leeds fan from Norway, his name was Joachim. Struggling to remember where exactly he was from but i do remember us jumping around and throwing drink about when Mowatt's equaliser went in....... :thumbup:

Enjoy the forum
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Welcome PGS, from a Revie Boy, it's good 'ere, honest! ;)
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Welcome in mate.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Welcome in. I started supporting Leeds in 1951. In the mid-1950's when me and my brother were doing National Service (Singapore and Hong Kong) my parents let out our room to two Norwegian students who were at Leeds University. My parents always said what nice guys they were. Never met them unfortunately. Hope you enjoy your first trip to ER and that we give you a good win.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Great story NW!

Love the Scandanavian Whites!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7k1jniqtTc
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Welcome to the forum!
PGS
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PGS »

Thanks for the welcoming guys, as far as I can tell, this is a good forum. No trolling and abuse on here. I dont know why I havent joined before, better late than never I guess :thumbup: