First Leeds game help!

Introduce yourself here
millm103
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

First Leeds game help!

Post by millm103 »

Hi fella,
Been a long time LUFC fan and I am coming over this Christmas from Australia for the first time.
Wanting a bit of help in regards to purchasing tickets.... Looking at going to the game on the 2nd of Jan at home.
What is the best way to purchase tickets?

Cheers
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: First Leeds game help!

Post by Mr Russell »

I guess one of the first questions is are you a member of the club? That does give you an added advantage of getting tickets, although home games should not be too much of a problem.

When I went back to the UK in 2013 I went to 2 games and one of them my mate rang the ticket office and got the tickets and the second game I was in the club shop and purchased the tickets there and then in the shop. So they are the 2 options that I know of.

The guys on here should be able to give you more information on how to get tickets for the game and probably easier options than I have given.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 972

Post by Deleted User 972 »

You will have no problem getting tickets although you might have to wait until about a month before the game, Just go on the website around then and pick your seat and pay by card and they can post them out to you or you can pick them up at the ground. Its as easy as that!.
millm103

Post by millm103 »

Too easy, thanks fellas
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Cannot add too much more than what ruelfox has said, other than, and as you would expect, the atmosphere differs greatly from stand to stand, so you might want to have a think about where you want to go within the ground.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
millm103

Post by millm103 »

What would you recommend?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Impossible to answer mate, as I don't know what you are looking for.

As a bit, but don't rely on this too heavily, of an overview. If you are looking for a quieter area, where you sit down for the majority of the game, then I would recommend the West stand. If you are with the family, or want a bit more noise, then the East Stand would be thoughts. The North Stand, where I and a couple of other forum members have season tickets, is generally pretty much standing all game, good bouts of singing, jovial atmosphere and the like. The South Stand, particularly further towards the away fans, (I think it is SS5 and SS6 for the upper tier), is pretty much full on all game (We had season tickets in there for a while, but it can get a bit much, particularly as you get older :D).

As I said, don't rely on this too much, and perhaps others will have a different view, but hope it helps.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
millm103

Post by millm103 »

Thanks, great run down. North stand sounds brilliant!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

No worries mate, hope it helps and let us know if you have any further questions. I'm sure we will all do our best to help.
millm103

Post by millm103 »

Hey guys,
Need a bit of guidance as to getting to Leeds from London. Had a bit of a look at Virgintrains looking at costing roughly 40 pounds return. Is it worth the extra $$$ versus getting the bus at 13 pounds.
Any other ways/cheaper ways to get to Leeds from London?