Sydney Whites

Introduce yourself here
Greenwood_NSW
Giddy Kipper

Sydney Whites

Post by Greenwood_NSW »

Hello,

I've recently emigrated to Sydney and I'm struggling not being in daily contact with like-minded & passionate Leeds fans.
Even as a Londoner my Dad & Brother are massive Leeds fans and I've been a fan since birth. My first season of following the whites was the 1990-91 season, the opening day win at Everton (who can forget Southall's HT protest) the epic 4-5 against Liverpool, those cup meetings with Arsenal, the Roy Wegerle wonder goal at ER for QPR (still hands down the best goal seen us concede) and my favourite the Strachan solo goal at Sheffield United.
I was 6 years old and my love has grown ever since...

I could go on and on but will save that for the meets at Cheers Bar.

Any NSW members please get in touch.

I also tweet @Ginger_Geovanni

MOT
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Sydney Whites

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome in Greenwood, i'm a fellow NSW white up in Newcastle and used to go down to the Cheers bar to watch the Leeds games, was a 6 hour round trip on the train (not the safest environment i can tell ya). Deebo, on this forum, was one of the people who set up the Leeds Sydney & NSW members club but he now lives in Melbourne. If you go to the Cheers bar Brendon is the main man to talk to. They also have a website and a facebook page which should tell you when there are meet ups and how to contact them.

http://www.leedsunitedaustralia.com/
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Hi mate welcome in. I'll stick a pin in our map for you http://pininthemap.com/LUFCTALK
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

Welcome in mate. You've only gone and picked the best LUFCTalk site on the www :thumbup:
We've members from all over the world here and the craic's mighty....

Looking forward to your contributions.
:wave:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome Mate :wave:
Winner of the Europa League
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Welcome to the forum mate! Yeah, as Mr Russell says, I used to organize the meets in Sydney, but now living in Melbourne, Rest assured however, that the meets still do happen, sign up to the Leeds NSW facebook group to get in touch with the Sydney based whites. Was a massive help to me getting used to Oz having Leeds fans around, and some of us have become very good friends.

Good luck with your move, and hope you settle in and enjoy it here as much as I have!
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Welcome to LUFCTALK :-)
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Welcome mate, it's a really great friendly site on here.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

:wave:
Liamscar83
Giddy Kipper

Post by Liamscar83 »

Hello, just posted in the new members thread. I'm also moving to Sydney and looking to meet up with some like minded whites. MOT!