Greetings from London...

Introduce yourself here
MyNameIsMark
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Greetings from London...

Post by MyNameIsMark »

I was actually born in Leeds but moved down here 15 years back.

Anyway, I'm a bit of a long term lurker & may keep it that way. I'm not exactly a fountain of knowledge when it comes to LUFC, it's just the team I happened to grow up supporting, even though I wasn't hugely keen on playing football at school.

I really enjoy this forum though. There's good banter, the clips are priceless (no telly = no footie clips) and it's become one of the first things I check, morning, noon & night for updates on rumours, signings etc...

I've a good feeling about this season. Great signings, Cellino keeping relatively quiet & just holding the purse strings, a decent result against a Premiership side, even if it wasn't a full strength team (my mum's an Everton supporter too...hehehehh!). It's all good, so far.

Also, a good mate of mine is a Man Utd fan who's convinced, pretty much every season, that we're cursed & doomed. He keeps bringing up the Red Bull link & generally enjoys rubbing me up the wrong way, particularly when we're seemingly close to a relegation battle. I'd love to see us do well, for the sake of our fans & to shut the guy up.

MOT
Last edited by MyNameIsMark on 06 Aug 2015, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 728

Re: Greetings from London...

Post by Deleted User 728 »

MyNameIsMark wrote:I was actually born in Leeds but moved down here 15 years back.

Anyway, I'm a bit of a long term lurker & may keep it that way. I'm not exactly a fountain of knowledge when it comes to LUFC, it's just the team I happened to grow up supporting, even though I wasn't hugely keen with playing it at school.

I really enjoy this forum though. There's good banter, the clips are priceless (no telly = no footie clips) and it's become one of the first things I check, morning, noon & night for updates on rumours, signings etc...

I've a good feeling about this season. Great signings, Cellino keeping relatively quiet & just holding the purse strings, a decent result against a Premiership side, even if it wasn't a full strength team (my mum's an Everton supporter too...hehehehh!). It's all good, so far.

Also, a good mate of mine is a Man Utd fan who's convinced, pretty much every season, that we're cursed & doomed. He keeps bringing up the Red Bull link & generally enjoys rubbing me up the wrong way, particularly when we're seemingly close to a relegation battle. I'd love to see us do well, for the sake of our fans & to shut the guy up.

MOT
Haha !
Brilliant opening post, mate :thumbup:

Love it !
Welcome to the best Leeds site on the web - I look forward to reading your posts if the above is anything to go by :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome now you are a member you're not allowed lurker status anymore ;)
Winner of the Europa League
MyNameIsMark
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by MyNameIsMark »

Thanks, guys.

I'm sure I'll post a thing or two from time to time.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Welcome
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum Mark, don't just lurk - life is too short.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Don't (Lur k Pack) it in and join in.... see what i tried there?

Why not visit the New Members page and have a look at our map pin.

And above all welcome.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome in
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.