Another newbie!

Introduce yourself here
miketran
Giddy Kipper

Another newbie!

Post by miketran »

Hi I'm Mike - born in Bradford to Chinese-Vietnamese parents, grew up in the Wirral and now Bristol based. There surely can't be many of us, right? :lol:

Anyway, really excited about this season! Having grew up with no family or friends supporting Leeds, being a Leeds fan has been rather a solitary experience so far - I would join my mates who were Evertonians to watch Leeds at Goodison during the Premiership days etc. but it wasn't the true experience I had hoped for and I was always too much of a wuss to go on my own. I've even tried nagging the wife but she could not care less! :shock:

Well, this season I've decided to go for it and go to as many games (home and away) as I can, meeting up with like-minded fans in the process. First up Burnley on Saturday. I've yet to get a ticket but if I can get a lift (Bristol-Leeds) or drive and share a lift with people then let me know!

Cheers! MOT
Deleted User 728

Re: Another newbie!

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hey Mike - welcome aboard, matey :wave:

I used to live in Weston and worked in Brizzle for a bit twenty odd years ago and there's a group called the South West Whites, or at least there was. They used to run coaches up from Cornwall/Devon through Bristol and on to Elland Road. Might be worth a google ?

Also, I'm in Bristol a fair bit these days as my woman lives there, though I live in sunny Southampton.
Maybe we could go up together at some point this season ? Got another white who lives in Devizes who goes from time to time, so there could be a threesome, petrol-wise ;)
Deleted User 728

Spookily enough I went to Goodison a few times myself around about the same time with a mate who was from Birkenhead but had moved south. We used to stay at his dad's place and go out in New Brighton - funny old place that is :o

Like a parallel world, eh ?
My family's French on my mum's side though ..
miketran
Giddy Kipper

Post by miketran »

Cheers Rigger much appreciated! Will look into that now!

Yeah that sounds like a plan - you'll have to let me know which games you have in mind but I'm up for that!

Woah, that is weird - don't tell me Player's Lounge?! It's a small world at times eh? French? Chinese? Same difference! :lol:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Welcome in. I'm a scouser (blue variety) lived in Wallasey for a short time. Birkenhead is the only place in the country where you'll find a wheelie bin on four bricks. Live in Berkshire now, don't get to any games.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

miketran wrote: Woah, that is weird - don't tell me Player's Lounge?! It's a small world at times eh? French? Chinese? Same difference! :lol:
LOL

Not quite the Players' Lounge - more that dodgy supporters club on Gwladys Street (I think) - like a pub downstairs and Toffees only upstairs ?
It was okay though - we drew when I went in there ;)
Another time I went up for the derby and saw them win 2-0 against the Red Sh*te, the first being a goal of the season from Danny Squid and the second a hilarious OG off Ruddock's belly ! :lol:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I was at Goodison for the derby game when Everton had their record crowd, over 78,000 in 1948/49. When you think that its still the same ground with a capacity now of 40,000. Score was 1 - 1.
I once played against Don Revie.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

Welcome here Mike. :thumbup:

Hope you enjoy the forum :D
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
miketran
Giddy Kipper

Post by miketran »

johnh wrote: Birkenhead is the only place in the country where you'll find a wheelie bin on four bricks.
:lol: It has its own unique charm that's for sure! Jeez 80 thousand scousers under one roof - the atmosphere must of been electric! *trying hard not to make any scouse thieving jokes*

@rigger Haha classic Razor Ruddock - yeah we seem to do alright against Everton - sat in the Gladys St end at the 2000-1 game. Had to try my best not to jump up and scream when Dacourt slotted home the equaliser!

cheers dskimcbski
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome in
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.