Another newbie

Introduce yourself here
Lapu-Lapu White
Terry Venables's car dealer

Another newbie

Post by Lapu-Lapu White »

I joined today after reading Judy's comments on team talk. On team talk I was Himalayan Allan.
I was brought up in LS11 living on the Cardinals until I was 13 years old
I first watched Leeds in the early 1950's because if you played for your school team you got a special pass that let you in free. I was fortunate to see the great John Charles play along with other notables such as Harold Brooke, George Meek and a young boy called Jack Charlton.
I joined the RAF once I left school and then having left the RAF I spent most of my time working overseas and also residing in different countries.
My user name is taken from where I now live permanently which is Lapu-Lapu on Mactan Island in the Philippines since October 2010. You may not have heard of the place so you think, but go back to 2013 and you would have seen our region on TV when we had a 7.4 magnitude earthquake followed a month later by a Super Typhoon. I survived those two events with little damage to my house and learned never to sleep naked because searching for shorts or similar delays escape time.
Prior to that I lived in Kathmandu for 12 years although I worked in Oman. The Earthquake Gods missed me there having left the country before they had their big one. My house there, which I still own, survived and was cleared as safe to live in is now being used as a hostel for school children.
Every time I go back to UK I always get to a home game but nowadays the visits are rare. For those old enough to remember I was either in the Boys Pen or if I went with my adult next door neighbours then it was the Scratching Shed....nowadays it is the TV or Internet to watch live games.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Another newbie

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome to the forum :thumbup: we have been to Kathmandu a couple of times the last was when they had a general strike it really wasn't safe on the streets for a couple of days. We were saddened to hear the damage that occurred in Durbar Square, so much history lost forever. I envy you in having seen John Charles play, just a bit before my time.

CorkWhite is our only other member based in The Phillipines he's in Cebu City.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Welcome in, LLW - great story !
Might I suggest you never, ever go to San Francisco ? :D

Good to have you aboard.

I can tell you now you're gonna cause some excitement with the "Map Pin Brigade" in here ... :roll:
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Hello :wave:
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

Hey up Himaylan Al-you've finally found the best lufc forum on the www. Hope you enjoy! :thumbup:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum mate, enjoy :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:
I can tell you now you're gonna cause some excitement with the "Map Pin Brigade" in here ... :roll:
Excitement !!! UN DER STATE MENT

Heading straight for the map now.

Oh , welcome on board. :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome in :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Welcome in. Our paths must have crossed (unknowingly) as I started watching Leeds in 1952 aged 16. Moved to Leeds from Liverpool the previous year.
Saw all the old players you mentioned. Do you remember Chris Crowe? He was going to be a world beater but faded away. Hope you enjoy the site, look forward to your posts.
I once played against Don Revie.