Re: Team Talk Tsunami

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

Welcome in..
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Welcome
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
tsm1969
Giddy Kipper

Post by tsm1969 »

Hi Judy, it's good to touch base once again. Yes, really hoping that Miss Leeds and the others will re-surface here. Thanks, too, to all who have welcomed me so warmly.

I am Leeds United through and true! I grew up In a family that was saturated with football: it was either the mighty Huddersfield Town or Leeds United in our clan. All the talk around the kitchen fire revolved around the days of Herbert Chapman and the great Hudders teams of the twenties. My first real memory surrounds the great disappointment of the 64/65 season when we missed the double (losing the league on goal difference to MU and the FA Cup in to Pool in extra time in our promotion season. I was a 'lil un of seven, then.

The most euphoric moment, of course, has to be our first league title in 1969 (hence my user name). 1969 was the years of Leeds United, the Beatles and so much more. Will never forget the highs and lows of the early 70s (missing out on the treble in 1970, the double in '72 and the FA Cup in 73). It was an awesome time to grow up, listening to the most beautiful music ever created and watching the marvellous Leeds
United team led by legend Billy Bremner.

I also have strong family connections in South Africa where I spend considerable time each year. South Africa used to have a strong Leeds United base. Nowadays its MU, Pool, Chelsea and Man City (as is to be expected). She also produced some memorable Leeds United players: Gerald Francis, Albert Johannesan, Phil Masinga and, of course, Lucas Radebe.
balster
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by balster »

Greetings to you too fellow ex teamtalker!
Billy Bremner: "Every time Leeds concede a goal I feel like I've been stabbed in the heart."