Introduce yourself here
mikernick1
Giddy Kipper

Post by mikernick1 »

Hey everybody.

My name is Mike, born in 1961 I have suppoprted Leeds since i was 7 years old. I was born in Northern Ireland and the troubles forced us to move. We had the choice of Bournmouth, Nigerai or Epwoth near Doncaster. I spent hours convicing my mum and dad it should be Epworth. We live dther for 4 months, and when my Dad got a good jon with Coal Board we moved to Ilkley. I spent most of my youth going to Elland Road, but as 16 year old I joined the Navy. I went to college in Liverpool, leaving the Navy in 1982 and went to Uni in Liverpool. incidently, Sammy Lee (LFC) was my landlord and we had many debates about Leeds and Liverpool. A fantastic bloke, and when Leeds won the Championhip in 1992, Sammy and sevral other Liverpool players celebrated in Sammys winebar. Liverpoll beat Man Utd on the same day. at the age of 54 I have 4 sons a beautiful wife and we all love leeds. My boys have never experinced the highs of Leeds although promotion to the championship and the 3rd of Jan when we beat the team we F???ing hate as well as some Europeam memories will live long in our hearts.

We emigrated to Australia in 2005, the only things I miss are, the match day, Elland road and Gods country. Yorkshire is the most beautiful place on earth.

I adore Leed Utd, I have followed them for close to 50 years. I always believe they will make the premiership again, however, I have waited such a long time.

Favourite Leeds Players;

Tony Dorigo, Mel Sterland, Gary Speed, Olivier Dacourt, Ian Harte, Scot Sellars, John Sheridan, Carl Harris, Arthur Graham, Carl Shutt, Vinny Jones.

Unfortunately I only saw the great Leeds team of Bremner et al, twice once against Stoke City in 1975 and the against Barcelona at Elland Road as we progressed to the the final.

I also adore the Leeds Fans, their gallows humour and self deprecating sesne of humour.

I may never see another game of football at Elland road as I have no reason to to return to the UK, thus the importance of this forum can not be underestiamted.

Mikernick1
Deleted User 728

Re: New member

Post by Deleted User 728 »

You gadabout ! :D

Welcome in, mate.
Hopefully, with the streams, internet radio, discussion on here and the media coverage these days you shouldn't feel too out of touch.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Welcome mate, you'll get plenty of info on here. I was tempted to add a pin near me in Antrim for you but we'll make do with where you are now :) Let me know where in Oz you are and I'll sort it for you.

http://www.pininthemap.com/LUFCTALK
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum mate, enjoy :thumbup:, and nice first post.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Hello :wave:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Great post. The only problem is that this site will probably make you homesick. :D Hope you enjoy the banter on here and look forward to your posts. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

Welcome in fellow white :wave: :thumbup: :clap:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome in, good to see another Leeds fan here in Australia :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Welcome, good post matey :wave:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Welcome in bud!