Beeston White moving down under

Introduce yourself here
Liamscar83
Giddy Kipper

Beeston White moving down under

Post by Liamscar83 »

Hello,

Beeston White, season ticket holder and lifelong Leeds Fan here (33 years). I'm
Moving to Sydney next Friday and thought it best I surround myself with fellow whites.

I've sent an email to the NSW supporters group so I can join them. Would be good to know if there are any events coming up where I can get to meet some fellow whites?

Any advice, tips re: moving to Oz appreciated! Also looking to join a Sydney based football team for either 5-a-side or 11-a-side?

finally - has anyone adopted a Sydney based team to get their football fix? If so, let me know,

MOT

Liam
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Beeston White moving down under

Post by Mr Russell »

Hello and welcome to Oz!!!

The NSW branch meet up at Cheers Bar which is in Sydney for all live games, they have a facebook page as well as a website, link for you http://www.leedsunitedaustralia.com/

I used to head down for the games but the 6 hour round train trip was sometimes way too much. Here is the Cheers bar address as well.
561 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000

ph: 02 9261 8313
fax: 02 9267 1174

A good person to speak to is Deebo (on this forum) who used to run the NSW whites before moving to Melbourne but his mate is one who is now in charge of the branch. PM him and he should reply when he gets chance.

I live in Newcastle which is 150+ Kms north of Sydney and I have adopted a A League team (Newcastle Jets) and have been a season ticket holder for the past 11 seasons. In Sydney you have a choice of Western Sydney Wanderers or Sydney FC. On this forum I do a weekly A League review (under Football section).
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

Hi Beeston, Enjoy Australia I lived there for 29 years and Mr Russell is defo someone you want to meet up with. Debo is a great bloke also. Don't go for a Sydney team as they are shoite lol Go the mighty Jets :)
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
Liamscar83
Giddy Kipper

Post by Liamscar83 »

Sorry for the dumbness but how do I find Deebo on here? Cheers
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Liamscar83 wrote:Sorry for the dumbness but how do I find Deebo on here? Cheers

I'll contact him for you Mate. By the way welcome :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Have a scoot through the music threads - he's big on culture, is Sam ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Hiya Liam,

As MR.Russell says, we have an active group in Sydney. Jump on the facebook page, its run by my mate Brendo who also can probably sort you out with the playing side of things too, as he plays for an 11 a side team currently.

https://www.facebook.com/LeedsNSW

The A-League is certainly getting better and better... plus, my season ticket costs just $20 a month!

I now live in Melbourne, so support Melbourne Victory now.... Pooh name, but good team ;)

Good luck man, hpefully bump into you at some point soon!