Introduce yourself here
retter888
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by retter888 »

Hi All-Have Been A Leeds Fan For 45 Years-Have Three Sons Who Are All Leeds Fans-Poor Sods-They Keep Asking Me Why Had I Not Been A Liverpool Or Arsenal Fan As They Have Not Much To Cheer About With The Whites-I Look At This Forum Almost Daily & Thought It Was Time To Add My Thoughts With You Guys
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: New Member

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum pal, you're not the only one who has burdened the kids with LUFC :D.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Welcome in, mate !

I see you're afflicted with the curious need to put a capital letter at the start of each word.
I've got a friend who does it and he can't explain it - just "something I like to do" he says.
Are you German ?? ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Welcome to the forum :wave:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
retter888

Post by retter888 »

You Know What-I Have Always Used Capitals That Way And Its Only Now That You Have Pointed This Out That I Realize What I Have Been Doing-Lets see how long it is until I start it again-the thing is it takes much longer to reply that way
retter888

Post by retter888 »

And no I am not german-was born in torquay-now living in swindon
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

The reason I asked was two-fold.
Firstly, the capitals thing - they use them on each and every noun; but also because I have an old (Hamburg) St.Pauli t-shirt which is sponsored by a company called Retter :D
retter888

Post by retter888 »

You are right-Retter (spelt the same backwards) I believe is a german name-I traced it back to german royalty before they got rid of that-thank god it was not hitler is all I can say lol
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome to the forum I Iived in Chelston for 14 years & used to get my football fix watching Torquay United.
Winner of the Europa League
retter888

Post by retter888 »

me to plainmoor was my first hunting ground-not much to cheer about but I liked their kit lol-moved to swindon after their only success winning the league cup-did watch them play in the premiership playing leeds-remember the last game of the season thrashing them 5-0-took our goal tally to 100-seems a long time ago now-the only thing leeds of today has the same as the leeds of old are the fans-no other team in the country can match us-I would be as bold to say the world-thanks all for the welcome