Not the newest member

Introduce yourself here
saihtam
Brian McDermott's optician

Not the newest member

Post by saihtam »

Hello
Have been here for sometime and posted something but some introduction would be still good ;)

I am 24 years old, from Estonia. Have played all my life basketball but huge football fan, playing FM everyday almost. Been leeds fan for about 4-5 years and it grows stronger every year.
Want to visit Leeds this year for games also, need some good connections if someone can help me out :). If anyone uses FMbase, then there I am Bujakaa ;) (maybe EpicTerrorist is here).

Also have question about LUTV. Do i need to be membership to have subscription? How often there are games online? Any estonians here also? How are the home game prices this season?

Thank you for help.
Lets hope we can get playoff position this year. Cutted about Cook but something good comes out of it.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Not the newest member

Post by Selby White »

Welcome :wave:

Not on FM myself but a few on here are.

Best checking the official club site for individual game pricing as it varies depending on who we are playing.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
saihtam

Post by saihtam »

Selby White wrote:Welcome :wave:

Not on FM myself but a few on here are.

Best checking the official club site for individual game pricing as it varies depending on who we are playing.
Isint there any monthly subscription for LUTV?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hey Mathias :)

I use FMbase but I don't think I'm a member of the forum - I just read the tactics and general sections.
I can't remember ever posting there anyway, I just like the "frustration/rage" stuff because the game is SO bloody difficult.
Similary, I like to trawl through the tactical threads .. because the game is SO bloody difficult ;).

There's another member here called SiMamu and both he and I are huge FM fans. I've been playing it since before he was even born though :D
(and I'm in Champ Manager 00/01 as a player-coach because I used to be a moderator on the official SI Games forums)

I'm pretty sure if you check the LUFC website it'll tell you everything you need to know about subscribing to LUTV.
I know nothing about it to be honest.
The only time I've looked at any club stations has been when MUTV was free for a month on Sky a few years back - that lasted about two minutes because the presenters were firmly lodged up everyone's backsides - and ChelseaTV because a mate of mine is a fan and has it. It's actually pretty good, showing all the reserve games and lots of youth cup action. He just leaves it on in the background a lot of the time and he knows all about the brilliant young players they leave to rot in their U-21 sides or farm out to clubs across Europe.
He's constantly angry about the state of the club which has me in stitches because being a Chelsea fan these days must be great compared to the 70s and 80s.

Anyway .. er .. so yeah, I can't help you but I just wanted to say hello :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome Mate where exactly are you in Estonia as Davy will want to put you on our fans map. I've been to Tallin a couple of times, lovely city that it is.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Welcome Mate where exactly are you in Estonia as Davy will want to put you on our fans map. I've been to Tallin a couple of times, lovely city that it is.
Yes welcome in, been to Tallin as well, took the ferry over for the day from Helsinki. Spent a very pleasant day in the town square people watching. Let me know where abouts you are and I'll put you on our map.

http://www.pininthemap.com/LUFCTALK
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum mate, enjoy :thumbup:.

Any questions, just ask and I'm sure we will help where we can.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
saihtam

Post by saihtam »

rigger wrote:Hey Mathias :)

I use FMbase but I don't think I'm a member of the forum - I just read the tactics and general sections.
I can't remember ever posting there anyway, I just like the "frustration/rage" stuff because the game is SO bloody difficult.
Similary, I like to trawl through the tactical threads .. because the game is SO bloody difficult ;).

There's another member here called SiMamu and both he and I are huge FM fans. I've been playing it since before he was even born though :D
(and I'm in Champ Manager 00/01 as a player-coach because I used to be a moderator on the official SI Games forums)
I try to be active in FMBase and keep up the Leeds United forum post also, but I am all alone with few other guys also. It is hard, this year I have so much to do and unfortunately I have been holding back from FM. Just like last year when I had to finish University and then you simply cant play half a day of FM :D

Havent been playing it so long. Started regulary playign maybe from 2012 or so. Also tried the old CM but just cant get hang of it. My good friends only plays those he have never touch FM. But with fm17 I will gift it to him and he will have no other option to play it :D I am dying for old player database to new FM or some kind of comparability with old databases.
NottinghamWhite wrote:Welcome Mate where exactly are you in Estonia as Davy will want to put you on our fans map. I've been to Tallin a couple of times, lovely city that it is.
Davycc wrote: Yes welcome in, been to Tallin as well, took the ferry over for the day from Helsinki. Spent a very pleasant day in the town square people watching. Let me know where abouts you are and I'll put you on our map.
http://www.pininthemap.com/LUFCTALK
I am from small city named Tartu. Been living there all my life and went to University of Tartu. But for last year I have been living in our capital Tallinn. Better work opportunitys and pay.

Glad to see so much positive welcoming from you guys.
Lone LU fan in Estonia :D. I am thinking about visiting Leeds this season. Might come in spring, depends how I get my vacation and plane prices to UK. If i could get some good plane tickets I would come several weekends to there.
Then I will start asking for more help if I visit. :D
How are the home game tickets and living prices at Leeds?

Founded LUTV prices also. It isAnnual Subscription Access to LUTV for €62.00 a year.
Anyone has this? Does this show all the home games and some away ones? Also will there be no problems watching it from outside UK? I know there are some broadcastes that u cant listen outside from UK.
Also is there place to get some promo codes?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

saihtam wrote:I am dying for old player database to new FM or some kind of comparability with old databases.
Hmmm ... do you mean a database of legends like Pele, Di Stefano and Stanley Matthews, or do you mean being able to play with the players from CM3 or FM2010 ?

Someone used the editor to create Pele and Maradona at age 17 and stuck them in the game and left it to run then compared the figures.
Both had incredible careers - though their stats weren't as high as you'd think, the hidden "potential" was at max - and it was fun looking back at what each achieved, more or less enjoying a similar rivalry to that of Messi and CR7.
The position was interesting too, with Maradona firmly an AMC/AP while Pele was more of a Shadow Striker/FC.
Both scored shedloads, both created shedloads, both played all over Europe and South America.

Backward compatibility would be an interesting prospect to revisit some of the game's legends like Tonton, Svindal-Larsen, Kennedy, etc.
As a Leeds fan, it would be great to go back to the days of O'Leary's "babies" and pick them up using the modern game engine.

I would imagine that would be easier to do, just manipulating the database and standardising player ability ratings, rather than creating thousands of new players ..

Any stats gurus out there ?
This might actually be worth asking on the SI forums ..
saihtam

Post by saihtam »

rigger wrote:
saihtam wrote:I am dying for old player database to new FM or some kind of comparability with old databases.
Hmmm ... do you mean a database of legends like Pele, Di Stefano and Stanley Matthews, or do you mean being able to play with the players from CM3 or FM2010 ?

Someone used the editor to create Pele and Maradona at age 17 and stuck them in the game and left it to run then compared the figures.
Both had incredible careers - though their stats weren't as high as you'd think, the hidden "potential" was at max - and it was fun looking back at what each achieved, more or less enjoying a similar rivalry to that of Messi and CR7.
The position was interesting too, with Maradona firmly an AMC/AP while Pele was more of a Shadow Striker/FC.
Both scored shedloads, both created shedloads, both played all over Europe and South America.

Backward compatibility would be an interesting prospect to revisit some of the game's legends like Tonton, Svindal-Larsen, Kennedy, etc.
As a Leeds fan, it would be great to go back to the days of O'Leary's "babies" and pick them up using the modern game engine.

I would imagine that would be easier to do, just manipulating the database and standardising player ability ratings, rather than creating thousands of new players ..

Any stats gurus out there ?
This might actually be worth asking on the SI forums ..
I mean that you could start like 2004 season and all those players. The most epic thing would get new FM with start date 2004 for example and then players who are now, come in to the game in later stages. So no regens. It is impossible pretty much but one can dream :D
I dont like to mix up the legends from different times and so on.

For now I know this database, I used this with FM15, but reading it now, they have managed to transfer most of the data to FM16. So they dont have to make all the work again. Saves some time, but still needs some work.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football ... se-12.html
They have also facebook link.
https://www.facebook.com/Football-Manag ... 3/?fref=ts

Should give it a go in near future.
There have been some DB for older FMs also. But most of them have big flaws and havent completed fully.

Edit. 95/05 Leeds team: