Bristol City fan

Introduce yourself here
Leveller
Giddy Kipper

Bristol City fan

Post by Leveller »

Why am I here?
Well because like a lot of fans I like to trawl other clubs' forums. And yours is one that doesn't allow full access without registering!
Actually used to come to Elland Road in the '60s when we briefly lived near Wakefield - then we moved to north Somerset in 1968 when I was 12..
So, oddly, during the Revie era I supported Leeds, but gradually got to follow Bristol City, as like true football fans we went to watch the nearest local side. As so often the childish tendency to support a successful team was replaced by supporting the team you actually went to watch.
Deleted User 728

Re: Bristol City fan

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hello mate and welcome in.

Thanks for making the effort.
We don't allow full access for security reasons so we don't get spammers or idiots crashing our party :)

I'm in Southampton but get to Bristol from time to time and have been to watch City as a neutral three or four times recently as one of my mates down here is a Robin too.
Good club.
Great owner.
You'll be going places soon .. probably sooner than us at this rate.

Good luck for the season :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I can understand what you are saying Mate. I saw my first game in 1967 so the Revie era is very much a part of my past. I lived in Torquay for 14 years & had a season ticket at Plainmoor so Leeds took a back seat in my football life for awhile, funny thing is in the supporters club bar at the end of every home game season ticket holders like myself were glued to final score waiting for Villa, Newcastle, Birmingham et al scores coming through. Any ways welcome it's always good to have away fans as long as they respect the forum which I know you will ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Leveller
Giddy Kipper

Post by Leveller »

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be interested to see how Ayling gets on.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leveller wrote:Thanks for the welcome. I'll be interested to see how Ayling gets on.
Without doubt has been one of our better performers early in the season, but had a nightmare at Forest and has dropped off of late.

I'm coming down to your place for our game in a couple of weeks or so, never been before so looking forward to it.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.