(extremely) belated new member intro

Introduce yourself here
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

(extremely) belated new member intro

Post by Leonickroberts »

Hi all,

It's taken me nearly 4 years to realise I should have done this when I first joined, so apologies for that. Have been enjoying this forum for ages, and chipping into the excellent debate here and there.

Born in 1986 - my family were involved in the club in the 60s/70s/80s (Bob Roberts is my great grandad), and although I was brought up in Bristol I've been a lifelong Leeds fan and try to get up to as many games as possible. Now living in south-east London and flying the flag for LUFC in the pubs of Peckham and Brixton (natural home of both top 4 glory supporters, hipster St Pauli/Dulwich Hamlet fans, and the odd Palace fan).

Looking forward to more chat on here (especially next season when this is a Premier League forum).

Leo
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 728

Re: (extremely) belated new member intro

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Blimey.

What an odd thread to start now :D

WELCOME !!!
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

rigger wrote:Blimey.

What an odd thread to start now :D

WELCOME !!!
Better late than never - have felt like a bit of a lurker since realising I never introduced myself!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Bob Roberts as in the only director not present when Clough was sacked ? They were truly halcyon days when he was involved.
Winner of the Europa League
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Bob Roberts as in the only director not present when Clough was sacked ? They were truly halcyon days when he was involved.
Bang on! I grew up on tales from my Dad of how Bob secretly met Clough at Tibshelf services to sign him up (on Manny Cussin's instructions). It's odd having a family connection to such an inauspicious bit of LUFC history.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Before, during & after his 44 days I was never a fan of Clough, there's was something about him that would really rile me perhaps it was history arrogance. An old friend of mine was closely associated with Peter Taylor & reckons he was a real gent. Chalk & cheese I suppose.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I never did one either, not too worry. Great to have someone with some history of the club in the family.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Welcome aboard mate. Exciting times ahead it seems.... :shh: :thumbup: :D