Welsh White

Introduce yourself here
JackTheWhite
Giddy Kipper

Welsh White

Post by JackTheWhite »

Hi, quick intro. Background of myself is I was born in Notth Yorkshire and all my family are Leeds fans and I was taken to Elland Road on 13th Feb 93 to watch a 2-0 win over Oldham Athletic. I grew up around Man Utd and Liverpool fans in school but always maintained my roots. Now fast forward to present day and I have been living in Wales since I was 14. Being a football fan through and through I needed my fix so went to the old Vetch field to watch Swansea. Standing on the North Bank watching us loose one thing that struck me was the passion the fans had along with those I remember from Elland Road. I maintained the white shirt but changed my badge so I could travel home and away watching the Swans rise through the divisions. Until that day when both clubs met on 29th December 2007 and Swansea won 3-2 with 10 men. (Garry Monk scoring a rare goal)
I was torn if I went or not, however I stood singing "marching on together" with my dad in the away end. This echoed going to my first game with him and him teaching the chant words. Watching Leeds fall over years gone by was heartbreaking and to see us rise again, and hopefully get back into the top flight is outstanding. By no means am I glory supporter as I have one eye on both teams, however as a football fan Swansea are my team but Leeds hold that special place in my heart for family memories.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Welsh White

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome to the forum, are you surprised at how well Monk is doing at Leeds.
Winner of the Europa League
JackTheWhite
Giddy Kipper

Post by JackTheWhite »

As club captain for the Swans he was second to none and when he took over as manager I wanted him to stay. However after getting us our highest position he was sacked. Personally I don't think he was given enough time or support from our board. I am glad he has been given the chance to prove himself. I was gutted to see him go
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Yakkkkeeee Darrrr :D

Welcome in, matey !
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Hello :wave:
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Bore da.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome :wave:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Morning daffodil :D

The great John Charles was born in Swansea of course.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Welcome aboard. :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum pal, enjoy :thumbup:

Incidentally, where in North Yorkshire were you born ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.