Introduce yourself here
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: New Member - General thoughts and feelings

Post by Sniffer »

SuperJimmy wrote:
Sniffer wrote:Bloody Bathonians. :D
Ow Bist? Greetings from Bristol. :wave:
Bristol? I send my deepest condolences for the events which have led you there. :D

I'm very well thanks, churz.
Not quite born and bred here but after a self-imposed exile of ... well, most of your lifetime ... I've returned home with an over-powering love of the place.
Shame what they're doin to the roads, mind.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sniffer wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Having a trip down that way at the end of September Sniffer, loved it last time although we were lucky with the weather.
Glad we could tempt you back, BB. :) Same place again?
No mate, we tend to visit different cottages.

We've come a bit more inland this time, I think the cottage is near a place called Burrington, although I could be wrong on that as the Mrs has sorted it but I'm sure she mentioned that name. I don't think it's that far from Uphill and WSM.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Having a trip down that way at the end of September Sniffer, loved it last time although we were lucky with the weather.

We've come a bit more inland this time, I think the cottage is near a place called Burrington, although I could be wrong on that as the Mrs has sorted it but I'm sure she mentioned that name. I don't think it's that far from Uphill and WSM.
Lovely. At the foot of the Mendips. Burrington Combe is a mini Cheddar Gorge (by that I mean it is a smaller version of a river cut channel rather than a pig out on small, circular cheesy biscuits :D ) with plenty of opportunities for rock climbing or pot-holing. Failing that Thatchers Cider Farm and shop is only a couple of miles away. ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Travelling the same road late sept as we are down in Taunton for a couple of nights.
Stopping off in Worcester area on route one night to visit the Malvern hills.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.