Hello everyone

Introduce yourself here
jordiboy7
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Hello everyone

Post by jordiboy7 »

New member here, just saying hello.

I've been keeping an eye on the forum gossip for a while, thought it was finally time to sign up and pitch in with the odd comment here and there.

My name is Jordi, and I've been a Leeds fan all my life. Born into it with my dad supporting Leeds home and away for years since the late 70's early 80's. As for my first Leeds game, I have faded memories of it being against Chelsea as a young boy.

Originally from Leeds, but spent the majority of my life growing up in Wakefield. I went frequently down to ER when growing up and had a season ticket in the East Stand with my brother and dad. Admittedly been somewhat of a TV fan the last couple of years whilst studying up in Newcastle at university. Student financing makes it hard to get down to ER every other week. But I did go to the cup game against Newcastle a few years ago at St James, where they beat us 2-0. Ross McCormack hit the bar from about 30 yards, and I remember my fellow Leeds fans dragging me back to my seat as I jumped up in response to the bar being hit. Good job they did as we were sat in the Newcastle end!

Now living locally in Leeds, I got my season ticket back, situated in the South Stand. I try and get to as many away games as possible, but as you all probably know, the tickets are like gold dust.

Just thought I'd pop up and introduce myself!

MOT.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Hello everyone

Post by dlw10 »

Welcome aboard - exciting times at the moment, let's hope we can pick up where we left off on Saturday and rid ourselves of the international break hoodoo!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum pal, enjoy :thumbup:.

My lad starts at Northumbria Uni next week, think he's looking forward to a few good nights out up there.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hola Jordi !
Welcome in :)

Spanish name or just because you lived in the Toon for a while ??
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Welcome to the forum pal, enjoy :thumbup:.

My lad starts at Northumbria Uni next week, think he's looking forward to a few good nights out up there.
Wish him all the best from Mark and Me - work hard and play hard tell him and enjoy every minute as he'll be working a long time once this is finished! (Unless he has the good fortune and work ethic of his old man of course!!!!!)
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Glad you have taken the plunge pal. Welcome in.
jordiboy7

Post by jordiboy7 »

That's where I studied pal. Best 3 years of my life, and would go back in a heartbeat! Best of luck to him, and without doubt he'll love the nightlife!
jordiboy7

Post by jordiboy7 »

rigger wrote:Hola Jordi !
Welcome in :)

Spanish name or just because you lived in the Toon for a while ??

Haha! Its Jordan by birth, but never been a fan of it, and rarely was called it growing up. Even my name on the school register was Jordi! As for the Newcastle link, I think I was just destined to be up there for some part of my life.

Thanks all for the welcoming messages.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

dlw10 wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: My lad starts at Northumbria Uni next week, think he's looking forward to a few good nights out
Wish him all the best from Mark and Me
Thanks mate, and I will do :thumbup:
dlw10 wrote:

My lad starts at Northumbria Uni next week, think he's looking forward to a few good nights out
he'll be working a long time once this is finished! (Unless he has the good fortune and work ethic of his old man of course!!!!!)
It was that work ethic in his early years that got his old man to the position he is today, oh and a huge dollop of good fortune too :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.