New in Town

Introduce yourself here
Enos
Giddy Kipper

New in Town

Post by Enos »

Hello LUFCTALK. I have an odd story, but have been following Leeds now for 3 years. I live in the US, but have adopted Leeds. I do root for my local DC United team, but I like to watch year around. My father is retired and recently completed a family tree research project and found that our family left Harrogate to move to the US over 100 years ago. I'd been watching random matches on TV about the same time and happened to watch a Leeds match the same afternoon he told me. We looked it up on a map and read a bit about what it was like to live in the area at the turn of the last century. The family farmed, but did not seem to own their land, and likely sent their crops into Leeds so that pretty much made me a Leeds fan as I could not find a way to watch the National League here in the US. I've been watching just about every match for the past 3 years. Odd I know, but I seem to have been hooked. I've been coming here for the past 2 years and just decided to sign up. It's amazing how easy it is to watch Leeds in the US. Easier than my local MLS team DC United.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: New in Town

Post by Barlow Boy »

One of the more interesting first posts, that is for sure, I see Rooney is doing well for DC at the moment.

Welcome to the forum pal, enjoy :thumbup:.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Great intro and a fantastic back story. A great reason to follow LUFC. There is a stream available for most games if you search the site (sorry Rigger) On a very important subject, why not sign up to our members map if you intend to hang around?

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=26094 ... oad&add=1#

Any issues getting sorted just PM me.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Hello :wave:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Welcome in, mate :)

Not sure the streams we get here will work in the US due to internet protocols.
That said, I'm sure it's a lot cheaper to watch our games on TV than it is here !
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Welcome in. Played for Harrogate Town in the 1960's. Don't remember your ancestors though! :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Enos
Giddy Kipper

Post by Enos »

Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad my slim connection to Leeds brought about my fandom. Despite the disappointment, I've really enjoyed the last 3 seasons. It seems like just a little stability will get this club back to the Premier League. @Davycc I'll put a pin for my town in Virginia. @rigger, streams are cheap here in the US. I can see tons of LUFC matches for only $5 a month on ESPN+ and I've watched LUFC TV for the other games for a little bit more. DC United only play about 25 miles from my house, but I don't get the channel their games are broadcast on and I cannot use their streaming service (even for games 3 time zone away) because... well, it's not clear to me. The games are all blacked out for "locals."
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome in :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.