Aye up

Introduce yourself here
Captain Trips
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Aye up

Post by Captain Trips »

Hello all from a life long Citeh supporter. Even though Elland Rd was the scariest ground I ever went to, have to admire your support (and hatred for the Rag scum) over the years. The premiere league will be a lot better off when you lot are back in the prem next year, good luck and no more bottles thrown at me please
Captain Trips

Re: Aye up

Post by Captain Trips »

Well, nice chatting
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Maine Road used to be a bit scary. Anyway hello :wave:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

As Chilly says Maine Road was always an interesting away game.
Welcome :wave:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SS6

Post by SS6 »

Used to love Maine Road. Proper away day for us. Remember 1 time being ferried on orange buses to the ground and the windows were coming in or going out and lads jumping out. All those alleys of Claremont Road and Lloyd Street North. Needed your wits about you there. FA Cup game 99/00 there was mental. Leeds and City at it all the way from the ground back into town through Rusholme. Leeds had a massive mob that day.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

My first visit to Maine Road was in the 1969-70 season. We had already beaten City on a lovely August day in the Charity Shield. I can remember being excited about seeing Colin Bell ( Nijinsky) play, he was one of the few none Leeds United posters that adorned my bedroom wall. I've had to use Google for confirmation but we won 2-1 with goals from Mick Jones & Eddie Gray with City's goal coming from the penalty spot from Franny Lee. Interestingly Lee went on to become a millionaire when he ran a toilet roll company, some could say he was a little flush :D
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Went in the Kippax for one game late 1980s. Thank chuff we drew 0-0 and didn't score otherwise I probably wouldn't be here to tell :P
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Went in the Kippax for one game late 1980s. Thank chuff we drew 0-0 and didn't score otherwise I probably wouldn't be here to tell :P
I was a regular on the Kippax - still one of my favourite terraces of all time - when I was a student in Manchester in the mid 70s. I was there that famous night Citeh thumped United 4 - 0 in the League cup when Colin Bell was injured. I lived in Fallowfield at the time and it was always fun walking through Moss Side before and after the game... that was way more dangerous than being on the Kippax!!!!!!
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

dlw10 wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:Went in the Kippax for one game late 1980s. Thank chuff we drew 0-0 and didn't score otherwise I probably wouldn't be here to tell :P
I was a regular on the Kippax - still one of my favourite terraces of all time - when I was a student in Manchester in the mid 70s. I was there that famous night Citeh thumped United 4 - 0 in the League cup when Colin Bell was injured. I lived in Fallowfield at the time and it was always fun walking through Moss Side before and after the game... that was way more dangerous than being on the Kippax!!!!!!
Yeah but you're 7 foot tall, DLW.