Leeds v Reading - Visitors from Texas

Introduce yourself here

Leeds v Reading - Visitors from Texas

Postby TexasJ » 05 Nov 2018, 00:36

Four of us from Houston, Texas visiting for the Leeds v Reading match on Nov 27.
Any ideas on pre- & post match pubs would be appreciated as would like to meet up with some local fans for a beer or two.
We are a motley crew with backgrounds from Venezuela, Puerto Rico & Mexico and have been planning this trip for a couple of years.
TexasJ
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Re: Leeds v Reading - Visitors from Texas

Postby NottinghamWhite » 05 Nov 2018, 08:07

Firstly welcome to the forum. The Peacock next to the ground is a good pub & for home fans only. Enjoy your trip.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby ChilwellWhite » 05 Nov 2018, 08:35

Hello :wave:
ChilwellWhite
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Postby TexasJ » 05 Nov 2018, 16:49

NottinghamWhite wrote:Firstly welcome to the forum. The Peacock next to the ground is a good pub & for home fans only. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks for tip. The Club were terrific in sorting out tickets for my group so we're really looking forward to it.
Perhaps we can buy you beer at Peacock before the match in appreciation for your hospitality.
TexasJ

Postby rigger » 05 Nov 2018, 18:32

I'm guessing you'll be staying in town somewhere ?
There's a cracking pub called The Grove with loads of English "real ales" on draught (that's warm beer to you ;) ) and it has a good, mature atmosphere before and after games. It's not far from the station - google it and you'll find it's on the way if you fancy walking to or from the ground. When I come up from the south of England I often go there post-match :)

Have a great time !
If you thought that post was good, you should check out my interesting and constantly surprising blog: http://paulridgeblog.com/
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby TexasJ » 05 Nov 2018, 18:59

rigger wrote:I'm guessing you'll be staying in town somewhere ?
There's a cracking pub called The Grove with loads of English "real ales" on draught (that's warm beer to you ;) ) and it has a good, mature atmosphere before and after games. It's not far from the station - google it and you'll find it's on the way if you fancy walking to or from the ground. When I come up from the south of England I often go there post-match :)

Have a great time !

Sounds perfect! We're staying not too far from the Station so that sounds ideal. If weather permits we'll walk to stadium and make sure we include a stop at The Grove. Cheers
TexasJ

Postby rigger » 05 Nov 2018, 19:04

Keep saying "Cheers" and "mate" to anyone you meet and you'll be fine ;)
If you thought that post was good, you should check out my interesting and constantly surprising blog: http://paulridgeblog.com/
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby Viduka Hits The Mark » 05 Nov 2018, 21:36

Have a great trip mate. Just inform Trump about the trip so he allows you back into the States. :thumbup: :D
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump.
Viduka Hits The Mark
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Postby TexasJ » 05 Nov 2018, 22:00

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Have a great trip mate. Just inform Trump about the trip so he allows you back into the States. :thumbup: :D

Thanks. We're not exactly on speaking terms with his Trumpness so I might skip that piece advice and risk it.
TexasJ

Postby johnh » 09 Nov 2018, 14:11

TexasJ, spent a week in Houston in 1983. Have a great and memorable visit. :thumbup: Keep posting and let us know how your trip goes.
The ex-Prime Minister has been in our house.
johnh
Don Revie's bingo caller

Next

Return to New members