A greeting from the Netherlands

Introduce yourself here
Remco-LUFC
Giddy Kipper

A greeting from the Netherlands

Post by Remco-LUFC »

Dear Leeds United fans,

In December we want to visit the Leeds-Preston match.
After our first visit to Leeds, we were so impressed by the atmosphere in and around the stadium that we would like to experience this again.

Over the years we have closely followed Leeds from the Netherlands.

This season is going very well! Can the marching on togheter song be heard again in the PL next year?
Although we think the Championship is for the fans a better competition in the Netherlands, we sincerely hope so.

Because of the good results it is difficult to get tickets this season.
Hence this message on the forum.

We hope that one of you can help us with this.

I don't know if this is the right place on the forum to ask this question, but otherwise you can tell me where I can best ask him.

Thanks in advance!

Marching On Togheter !!

Dutch Leeds fans
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: A greeting from the Netherlands

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Hello :wave:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Tickets are hard to come by this season.
We often get asked about this, so to save time here's a conversation I had via PM in here with another foreign member :

ME :
Not that easy at all.
As mods, we have an email account for the site and sometimes someone will message us asking such a question. It happened last year and I advised a woman living in the west country (about 360km from Leeds) to write to the club and explain that she wanted to get tickets for her husband (lifelong Leeds but not a member as they live so far away) and son (undecided, dad keen to make him a Leeds fan) as it would be the son's first time ever at a match.
You'd think the club would jump at the chance to convert a young kid, right ?
Wrong.
They replied they'd have to be members like everybody else.
I don't know if it would make any difference you saying you're flying in for a holiday and would love to go as you've always followed Leeds but never had the chance to come to Elland Road before ??
I doubt it after the above, but it's got to be worth a shot.
I would still email them and try it anyway - if not, message them back and ask "What if I become a member ? Can I buy a ticket for that specific match in advance ??" as that way you know you'll be able to go, even if it does cost another £50 to become a member.

HIM :
I wrote to the club and explained the situation and why would love to get some tickets.
They reply was the same, have to be member to get tickets before or hope for the general sale.
After long discussion with gf and planning etc. We decided that the risk and time will take too much.

... I doubt if anything's changed so be prepared to pay an extra £50 each to become members.
It's ridiculous but until we expand the stadium I can't see it being any different in the future, I'm afraid.
Remco-LUFC
Giddy Kipper

Post by Remco-LUFC »

Thanks for your reaction!

So it seems difficult to be able to attend the match.
Here on the forum no members who are prevented for the match against preston and from whom we can take over the tickets? It concerns 3 cards.

I hope so 8-)

Greeting Remco