saying 'Hello"

Introduce yourself here
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: saying 'Hello"

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Had my first ever clam chowder in Boston, it was delicious it really was. Loved the large indoor market, not sure of the name but it was an incredible place to wander round. The market was near to The Black Rose pub if that helps. Funny I can still remember the name of that pub :D
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome to the forum!

Fall River has a Leeds connection with Jerry Best playing for Leeds in the 1920s and for Fall River Marksmen in 1930 although he played only 2 games for them. He was better known at the New Bedford Whalers.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Hi Saxon welcome to the forum.

Did a city break in Boston a few years back, enjoyed it. :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

kk_white wrote:Welcome aboard Saxon :thumbup:
Wife has family in Lynn which we regularly visit. Should have been there last month, but obviously that was cancelled.
Checked the map, but Lynn is well over an hour from you. Let me know if you ever had any reason to be there :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Had my first ever clam chowder in Boston, it was delicious it really was. Loved the large indoor market, not sure of the name but it was an incredible place to wander round. The market was near to The Black Rose pub if that helps. Funny I can still remember the name of that pub :D
You would be talking about Faneuil Hall, big tourist attraction in Boston.
Clam chowder is serious business round here. Chowder 'Fests' and competitions during summer month

DavyCC, I was unaware of that, I'll have my neighbour Manny check it out for me, he's a local soccer historian.

KK white, I know Lynn more from a children's rhyme that my daughter in law used to sing to the grandchildren.
goes, Trot to Boston
Trot to lynn
look out baby
you might fall in. at which time you pretend you are throwing them in the sea, and there's a lot of screaming and holding on to Mama.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Belated welcome in. I am one of the guys who makes you a relative whippersnapper! Saw my first game at ER in 1952 - and I was 16 then! Found out that I had some relatives in the Boston area when I was into genealogy. The guy's name was Ed Barton but I have not had contact with him for some years now. Enjoy your stay and we look forward to your posts.
I once played against Don Revie.