saying 'Hello"

Introduce yourself here
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

saying 'Hello"

Post by Saxon »

Hi everyone, new member Saxon here. Just signed up so I thought I would introduce myself.
Well I've been a Leeds fan for just about all of my 70 years, or for as long as I can remember as a toddler.
My Dad's house was in Holbeck, less than a mile from Elland Road, so the football ground was part of our neighbourhood and Leeds United part of our everyday life.
Been through the ups and downs of our club through the years but never lost faith, and knowing that our time will come again.
I am living just south of Boston USA these days.
I have been reading the 'Guest' forums here for quite a while, and I hope I can contribute to the forums in future.
Saxon.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: saying 'Hello"

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome to the forum. We visited Boston a few years ago & loved it. We travelled down from Toronto to D.C. & we did it in the fall, which was beautiful. There’s a lot who post on here who are in your age group so enjoy & make yourself at home ;)
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Hello :wave:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum pal, enjoy :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

70 ?
You're a relative whippersnapper round here, mate - welcome in :)
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Afternoon Saxon! Welcome to the best forum in the world!! MOT
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Welcome in Saxon, I've took the liberty of adding you to our members map (placed you near Canton) if you'd like it moved let me know, don't post an exact address though.

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=26094 ... oad&add=1#
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Welcome aboard Saxon :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Welcome in, Saxon - what street did you live in in Holbeck? I went to Matthew Murray High School for 4 years.

Good chippies around there :P
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Davycc, Canton is close enough for the pin. I am located in Fall River about 20 mins south of Canton.
There is great football history in Fall River. Due to their immigrant populations teams from this area were USA national champions many times well before NASL/Cosmos and MLS eras.
First player ever to score a hat trick at World Cup finals, was in Uruguay, 1930 I think, was from Fall River, Bert Patenaude, met his widow many years ago completely by chance when I helped her through a blizzard. Now the huge Portuguese population around here are flying the flag for Porto, Benfica, and Sporting Lisbon.
Canton/Brockton area you're talking Marvin Hagler/Rocky Marciano territory.
Another Northern Soul, I lived in Colenso Grove until early 1972. Matthew Murray school was at the bottom of our street, behind the Gallons Warehouse. The fish and chip shop was the last house at the bottom of the street on Ingram Road.. Most of my friends attended Matthew Murray, I attended Leeds Central High.