Galway Lad

Introduce yourself here
Seathrun66
Brian McDermott's optician

Galway Lad

Post by Seathrun66 »

Hi all,

I joined the forum last month after following it for a while. I've enjoyed the knowledge on display (particularly the tactical stuff) and the benign way people deal with each other here. There's room for disagreement but it seems to be respectful which isn't the case on other forums so I've avoided joining them.

I'm a guy from the west coast of Ireland who's followed Leeds since '73. My first three major TV memories are all bad:
Sunderland's victory.
Bremner & Keegan's punch up at the Charity Shield and then Harvey missing a penalty.
Paris '75.

Moved to the UK in the mid 80s, never lived in Leeds but in Nottingham, Oxford and London and used to commute to Elland Road for several games a year before getting season-tickets for several years in the late 90s and early 2000s. Been back in Ireland for three years and hoping to get over for games soonish but not optimistic. Like everyone else I've suffered through the last two decades but see the beginnings of something special happening. I had no fear of relegation at the start of the season and if the new players gel I expect us to be in contention for Europa places, probably finishing 7th or 8th. Before going up I thought we were better than nine teams in the PL. I now thing there are a few more to be added to that and if we can hold onto MB for two more seasons we'll be in Europe again. Enjoy the season.

Seathrún
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Galway Lad

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum pal, enjoy :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Welcome in, matey :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Welcome to the forum.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Welcome :wave:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Hello :wave:
Seathrun66
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Seathrun66 »

Thanks for the good wishes people. Am looking forward to being part of the forum.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome! :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Welcome in Geoffrey ;)
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay