Howdy Lads

Introduce yourself here

Re: Howdy Lads

Postby Chilihead » 17 Oct 2020, 11:59

Davycc wrote:Welcome Bob, great intro. Good to have another member from across the pond. Why not stick your pin in our members map. Theres a chunk of the states that needs a pin in it there :thumbup:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2609445


Do I sign up for ZeeMaps or use the LUFCTALK login?
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!
User avatar
Chilihead
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 17 Oct 2020, 00:28
Location: Choctaw, Oklahoma

Re: Howdy Lads

Postby Davycc » 17 Oct 2020, 12:10

Chilihead wrote:
Davycc wrote:Welcome Bob, great intro. Good to have another member from across the pond. Why not stick your pin in our members map. Theres a chunk of the states that needs a pin in it there :thumbup:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2609445


Do I sign up for ZeeMaps or use the LUFCTALK login?


No need to sign up Bob, just go to the additions tap on the top menu and select Add Marker-Simple.

Any issues just PM me a location and I'll add it for you. Don't put it on your exact home address choose somewhere nearby :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
User avatar
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 12205
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:09
Location: Under a thumb

Re: Howdy Lads

Postby Chilihead » 17 Oct 2020, 12:18

Done, just east of Oklahoma City. Thanks!
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!
User avatar
Chilihead
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 17 Oct 2020, 00:28
Location: Choctaw, Oklahoma

Re: Howdy Lads

Postby Davycc » 17 Oct 2020, 12:19

Chilihead wrote:Done, just east of Oklahoma City. Thanks!


:thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
User avatar
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 12205
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:09
Location: Under a thumb

Re: Howdy Lads

Postby johnh » 17 Oct 2020, 14:57

Welcome in, look forward to your posts.
I once played against Don Revie.
User avatar
johnh
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 7836
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 15:26

Re: Howdy Lads

Postby Saxon » 31 Oct 2020, 10:50

Welcome Chilihead.
Reading your location, there's some sort of recognition registering in my head.
Song, 'Ode to Billie Joe', sung by Bobby Gentry, one line something like, "What went up on Choctaw Ridge", you could be famous, not sure if it's the same Choctaw though.
Again welcome in, like you say we have great Premiership coverage on TV here in the States, the only game I didn't have to pay for so far, every team all season up to now was the Villa-Leeds game.
Going back to the song, to people out there who have not heard it, it was a late 1960's, huge hit come out of nowhere. Tells a true story, was it true?, are all the facts correct? Either way brilliant piece of storytelling, a piece of country,folklore,Americana.
Saxon
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor
 
Posts: 183
Joined: 13 Jun 2020, 15:03

Re: Howdy Lads

Postby Selby White » 31 Oct 2020, 15:06

Saxon wrote:Welcome Chilihead.
Reading your location, there's some sort of recognition registering in my head.
Song, 'Ode to Billie Joe', sung by Bobby Gentry, one line something like, "What went up on Choctaw Ridge", you could be famous, not sure if it's the same Choctaw though.
Again welcome in, like you say we have great Premiership coverage on TV here in the States, the only game I didn't have to pay for so far, every team all season up to now was the Villa-Leeds game.
Going back to the song, to people out there who have not heard it, it was a late 1960's, huge hit come out of nowhere. Tells a true story, was it true?, are all the facts correct? Either way brilliant piece of storytelling, a piece of country,folklore,Americana.


I've heard the song a few times and you are right it mentions Choctaw Ridge in every verse (but think the one in the song is in Mississippi), think Billie Joe throws himself off the the Tallahatchie Bridge in the song, they occasionally play it on Magic FM.

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 13114
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Previous

Return to New members

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests