Re: Dalesman in Deutschland

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Hello :wave:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Peacock93 wrote:
johnh wrote:Welcome in. Where in Germany? My sister, who was born in Leeds, has lived in Konstanz for about 40 years. Have been a couple of times, lovely part of the world.
Nearest city to me is Heilbronn. Not too far from Stuttgart to the south or Heidelberg to the north. I’ve heard very good things about the Konstanz area but haven’t visited yet myself.

Thanks for the welcomes guys! :thumbup:
One of my sister's daughter's lives in Stuttgart. She works for Mercedes. What I like about Konstanz (apart from the massive lake and ferry trips) is that the Swiss border is on the outskirts of the town and a short drive and you are in Austria. Well worth a visit.
I once played against Don Revie.
Johnny Fenton
Giddy Kipper

Post by Johnny Fenton »

I have all ways wondered why were called the peacocks. Have you an image of the shirt, I believe we did have it
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Greetings :wave:
Keep The Faith / WAL
janecky
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by janecky »

Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

The Peacock nickname given to Leeds United was relating to the 2 public houses near the ground, the 'old peacock',behind the South stand at Elland road, which is the new building after the old one was demolished, and the 'New Peacock', long demolished for highway building, it was on left side about 100 yards down Elland road towards city, backing on to the old Holbeck cricket club ground. Although it could have done with a decorating job, but have to say the New Peacock had the better beer. The brewery which owned the Old Peacock at one time also owned the land and the beginning structure of what is now our stadium.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Gent's I'm going to lock this thread as the starter hasn't logged on in well over a year. Could be an interesting thread though to discuss the history of badges etc.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders