Raphinha

Introduce yourself here
Markjakarta56
Giddy Kipper

Raphinha

Post by Markjakarta56 »

I have been a leeds supporter since I was old enough to watch football.
I would however have to consider leaving if we fail to hold onto our best players having taken all this time to get back to the Premier league. Get the 49ers to pay the salaries of Raphinha and Kalvin then we have a chance to go far as our young boys grow into the task. Cresswell is one of the best centre backs I have seen. Lets get him in . He woill improve our defending set pieces and improve our attacking prowess from set pieces.
Mark from Jakarta 64 years old and love Leeds.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Raphinha

Post by Barlow Boy »

Welcome to the forum pal, enjoy :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Hello :wave:

Keep the faith both of the players you mentioned are happy at the club however if one of the top six come knocking there’s no one outside that elite group that can turn them down sadly. Enjoy the forum
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome Mark always good to have another Revie era poster on the site, there are several of us so you won’t be alone. In the Revie era loyalty was the name of the game players like Mick Bates could have played for any other Division 1 team but remained loyal to the club. Those days are sadly long gone now the players want to compete in Europe on a regular basis, somewhere we are a long way from. Kalvin’s a Leeds lad so we need to get him on an excellent contract sooner rather than later. Rapha is different but I believe whilst Bielsa is at the club he will stay, was he this good pre-Bielsa ?
Anyway I hope you stick around & look forward to reading your posts.

MOT
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Welcome in Mark. I think we'll keep Raph, Kalvin and co for at least this season. Summer transfer window may get interesting though.

Would I be wrong in thinking theres an Indonesian link there :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Welcome Mark :wave:

Similar age myself but could never even think about deserting.
Whether players are our heroes or not they are all temporary, the only stable things are the Club we we love and us fans.

In my view a football club is for life, its something I couldn't even dream of changing whether it be good or bad times, seen them all.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

Selby White wrote:Welcome Mark :wave:

Similar age myself but could never even think about deserting.
Whether players are our heroes or not they are all temporary, the only stable things are the Club we we love and us fans.

In my view a football club is for life, its something I couldn't even dream of changing whether it be good or bad times, seen them all.
I am also of the Revie era (just, my first memory is the 72 cup final). I was always led to believe that once you reached the age of 8, then you were not allowed to change the team you supported. Probably only applies to Leeds fans as Premier grounds are now filled with glory hunters.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Welcome in Marky boy :wave:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

A Brazilian friend of mine,(he supports Vasco Da Gama) tells me he saw Raphina being interviewed on Brazil television.
Raphina told the interviewer
He loves playing for Leeds.
He loves his team mates.
He loves playing for Bielsa
He loves Leeds supporters
He loves Leeds.
And we love him.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

A warm welcome from another of the more mature coves from the Revie era :D