Augusts Questions

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: Augusts Questions

Post by zigzag »

Selby White wrote:
zigzag wrote:1. You've won a round the world holiday which involves visiting 12 cities of your choice, which would they be ?

North America - Seattle (going in back in 2 weeks time :-)) & Orlando
Seattle is a great city to visit definitely in my top 3 North America along with Chicago & San Antonio.
Saw Footie match there Sounders versus Portland Timbers, suppose its the local derby.

Also saw a Eagle in the wild attack its prey on a walk at a place called discovery Park just north of the city.

The Aircraft museum is worth a visit if I remember and of course the original Starbucks :shock:
I had hoped to take in some sport whilst there, but the Mariners are on a road trip, and the Seahawks play the night we get the ferry out (although I have seen the Seahawks at the old KingDome), and the Timbers play an evening game on a night when we really need to be as mobile as possible (we are going to see the solar eclipse, and need to be able to move to a different location should there be cloud cover where we are).
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Augusts Questions

Post by Selby White »

zigzag wrote:
Selby White wrote:
zigzag wrote:1. You've won a round the world holiday which involves visiting 12 cities of your choice, which would they be ?

North America - Seattle (going in back in 2 weeks time :-)) & Orlando
Seattle is a great city to visit definitely in my top 3 North America along with Chicago & San Antonio.
Saw Footie match there Sounders versus Portland Timbers, suppose its the local derby.

Also saw a Eagle in the wild attack its prey on a walk at a place called discovery Park just north of the city.

The Aircraft museum is worth a visit if I remember and of course the original Starbucks :shock:
I had hoped to take in some sport whilst there, but the Mariners are on a road trip, and the Seahawks play the night we get the ferry out (although I have seen the Seahawks at the old KingDome), and the Timbers play an evening game on a night when we really need to be as mobile as possible (we are going to see the solar eclipse, and need to be able to move to a different location should there be cloud cover where we are).
Timbers would have been a good one to catch remember their fans (about 150 of them) making a fantastic atmosphere in Seattle, flags, horns, flares, and lots of chants. Funny thing most of them wore kilts not sure the history of why.
It was a few years back before either were in the MLS, was the division lower.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.