Augusts Questions

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Augusts Questions

Post by Selby White »

Here are 5 for this month (come on folks lets have some newbies on here it doesn't hurt and gives us all a good read.

1. You've won a round the world holiday which involves visiting 12 cities of your choice, which would they be ?
One rule - They have to be two in each continent (Europe, Africa, Asia, Australasia, South America & North America).

2. Well it is start of the new season so what would you prefer, Promotion or winning the FA Cup ?
And in the real world where do you expect us to finish and which round of the FA cup will we reach ?

3. What were your schoolboy dreams with regards to career ?
Did you fulfill them ?

4. You are taking your loved one for a meal at a Italian Restaurant and She/he asks you to choose what do you go for (options below) ?

All served with chips and salad or potatoes and vegetables of the day
Bistecca alla Cacciatora - Sirloin steak in a mushroom, onion, peppers and cooked in a tomato red wine sauce  
Bistecca alla Formaggi - A sirloin steak topped with dolce latte cheese, asparagus, spinach served in a creamy white wine sauce  
Filletto Porcini - Fillet steak cooked in a wild mushroom, sundried tomato and red wine sauce
Filletto Sardinia - Strips of fillet steak cooked with wild mushrooms, peppers, onions and pepperoni with a touch of demi-glace sauce
Pollo Diavolo - Pan fried chicken breast strips cooked in a sauce of peppers, onions, pepperoni and fresh chillies and tomato sauce
Pollo Mediterranean - Pan fried chicken breast topped with peppers, onions mushrooms spinach and tomato sauce gratinated with mozzarella cheese -
Pollo alla King - Pan fried chicken breast strips served with King Prawns and mushrooms in a creamy white wine sauce topped with Parma ham, pecorino cheese in a creamy sauce
Agnello all Menta -Rump of lamb served in a port and minty onion sauce and served on a bed of sliced sautéed potatoes
Duck dello Mamma - Half a crispy duck on the bone, served in our own plum and brandy sauce
Duo of Pork Chops - Two pork chops grilled and served with a cremosa stilton sauce
Salmone dello Casa - Fresh fillet of salmon served with a creamy dill sauce
Filletto di Spigola -Sea bass fillets served with king prawns, cherry tomatoes in a garlic, white wine and butter sauce

5. Pick your all time Leeds team using only Irish and Welsh players ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Re: Augusts Questions

Post by Deleted User 728 »

1. 12 cities of your choice ?
Europe - Leipzig & Copenhagen
Africa - Cape Town & Jo'burg
Asia - Tokyo & Hong Kong
Australasia - Wellington & Perth
South America - Havana & Montevideo
North America - New Orleans & Nashville

2. Promotion or the FA Cup ? Real world finish and round of the cup ?
If anyone answers with the cup, they need their heads read :wtf:
Play-offs and 5th

From 5 up : astronaut, pilot, policeman, teacher, layabout
Pretty much nailed one of 'em ;)

4. You are taking your loved one for a meal at a Italian Restaurant - what do you go for ?
I'm not going to answer this one.
I think some of you have been married too long !
What about us blokes who haven't been ? I wouldn't begin to guess, assuming you're asking us to choose for the other person ?
I've dated a lot of vegetarians for a start so that's dodgy ground from the get-go.
Besides, I really don't think I'd be with anyone who couldn't make up their own mind : I'd find that really weird and I don't think I have ever been out with a woman who'd say that to me in the first place.
I'd order olives to start with though, so we could both take our time .. :problem:

These are getting silly now - what next, players born on a Tuesday ? Only water signs ? Only blue eyes ? :D

Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:
These are getting silly now - what next, players born on a Tuesday ? Only water signs ? Only blue eyes ? :D
Ok point taken, will give it a break after this month. :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Mate, please don't take it the wrong way. I LOVE this section of the forum :)

But yeah, something else eh ??

How about the best oppo players you ever saw against us ?
A team of players you hate ?
A team of players we were rumoured to sign but never did ?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

No Problem, don't take it wrong way at all.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

1. 12 cities of your choice ?
Europe - Rome & Moscow
Africa - Nairobi & Jo'burg
Asia - Tokyo & Beijing
Australasia - Wellington & Sydney
South America - Havana & Rio De Janeiro
North America - Las Vegas & San Francisco

2. Promotion or the FA Cup ? Real world finish and round of the cup ?
Promotion of course
Top two and 5th round

Airline pilot, lawyer and probation officer. Achieved none.

4. You are taking your loved one for a meal at a Italian Restaurant - what do you go for ?
Probably one of the fillet steaks

Garry Sprake
Gary Kelly
David O'Leary
John Charles
Ian Harte
Brian Flynn
Vinnie Jones
Johnny Giles
David Healy
Ian Rush
Robbie Keane

(4-3-3 formation)
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Selby White wrote:Here are 5 for this month (come on folks lets have some newbies on here it doesn't hurt and gives us all a good read :thumbup: - come on everyone, SW puts quite some effort into these questions every month and like he says, it's a good read!

1. You've won a round the world holiday which involves visiting 12 cities of your choice, which would they be ?
One rule - They have to be two in each continent

Europe - Seville, St Petersburg
Africa - Cape Town, Marrakech
Asia - only two, ffs? :lol: Tokyo, Tbilisi
Australasia - Perth, Auckland
South America - Buenos Aires, Asuncion
North America - done most of the interesting bits, so could I swap two more European/Asian destinations? If not I'll take San Francisco and Boston.

2. Well it is start of the new season so what would you prefer, Promotion or winning the FA Cup ?
Promotion

And in the real world where do you expect us to finish and which round of the FA cup will we reach ?

Both enormously difficult SW. TC plays his second string at, eg Tranmere, in January? I'm not confident in the way I wasn't confident with so many unknowns at the beginning of last season, so a similar finish beckons

I dredged up some old stuff that I wrote at school a while back and it said basically I'd work internationally. I very definitely wanted to emulate my father, who was a Technical Director with Alfa Laval

Did you fulfill them ?
Yes, but with major differences and downfalls

4. You are taking your loved one for a meal at a Italian Restaurant and She/he asks you to choose what do you go for (options below) ?

All served with chips and salad or potatoes and vegetables of the day
Bistecca alla Cacciatora - Sirloin steak in a mushroom, onion, peppers and cooked in a tomato red wine sauce  
Bistecca alla Formaggi - A sirloin steak topped with dolce latte cheese, asparagus, spinach served in a creamy white wine sauce  
Filletto Porcini - Fillet steak cooked in a wild mushroom, sundried tomato and red wine sauce
Filletto Sardinia - Strips of fillet steak cooked with wild mushrooms, peppers, onions and pepperoni with a touch of demi-glace sauce
Pollo Diavolo - Pan fried chicken breast strips cooked in a sauce of peppers, onions, pepperoni and fresh chillies and tomato sauce
Pollo Mediterranean - Pan fried chicken breast topped with peppers, onions mushrooms spinach and tomato sauce gratinated with mozzarella cheese -
Pollo alla King - Pan fried chicken breast strips served with King Prawns and mushrooms in a creamy white wine sauce topped with Parma ham, pecorino cheese in a creamy sauce
Agnello all Menta -Rump of lamb served in a port and minty onion sauce and served on a bed of sliced sautéed potatoes
Duck dello Mamma - Half a crispy duck on the bone, served in our own plum and brandy sauce
Duo of Pork Chops - Two pork chops grilled and served with a cremosa stilton sauce
Salmone dello Casa - Fresh fillet of salmon served with a creamy dill sauce
Filletto di Spigola -Sea bass fillets served with king prawns, cherry tomatoes in a garlic, white wine and butter sauce

Sorry but I really wouldn't give my patronage to an 'Italian' restaurant that had ANY of these things on their menu

Only got as far as Sprake, Kelly, Harte, Healy, Giles, Yorath, Dallas
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

1. You've won a round the world holiday which involves visiting 12 cities of your choice, which would they be?

Europe – Arnhem & Geneva
Africa – Khartoum & Port Elizabeth
Asia – Kuta & Tokyo
Australasia – Melbourne & Wellington
South America – Buenos Aires & Georgetown (Guyana)
North America – Vancouver & Toronto

2. Well it is start of the new season so what would you prefer, Promotion or winning the FA Cup?

Promotion of course

And in the real world where do you expect us to finish and which round of the FA cup will we reach?

4th in the table and as usual we will get knocked out in the 3rd round

3. What were your schoolboy dreams with regards to career?

Never had any, had no idea what I wanted to do all through my schooling and to this day I still don’t know what I want to do so I ended up in office administration working in front of a computer all day for the health service.

Did you fulfil them?

Still waiting on that one

4. You are taking your loved one for a meal at an Italian Restaurant and she/he asks you to choose what do you go for?

I actually dislike Italian food with a passion so I’ll just have the chips and salad, thanks

5. Pick your all time Leeds team using only Irish and Welsh players?

GK – Gary Sprake
RB – Gary Kelly
LB – Ian Harte
CM – Johnny Giles
CD – Paul Butler
CD - Terry Yorath
RM – David Cochrane
CM – John Sheridan
A – Robbie Keane
A - John Charles
LM – Gary Speed

Subs – Carl Harris, Wilbur Cush, Brian Flynn, Dennis Irwin, Vinnie Jones, Harry Dugan, Phil Hughes (GK).
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

One rule - They have to be two in each continent (Europe, Africa, Asia, Australasia, South America & North America).
Aarhus in Denmark to see my mate Ole and his family, and Innsbruck, Austria.
Lalibela, Ethiopia, to see the churches carved out of the rock, and Marrakesh.
Kashgar, China, for a jaunt along the Silk Road over the Khunjerab Pass through the Korakoram mountains to Pakistan, and Ayutthaya, Thailand.
Perth, Australia and Wellington, NZ.
South America is a bit of a blind spot, to be honest. Probably somewhere up in the Andes and Rio.
San Francisco and Seattle.

Automatic Promotion, but I'd accept the drama of the Play-offs. Not bothered about the cup, I'm afraid. It's a luxury we can think about when we've been promoted.

To play sport for England
Did you fulfill them ?
Did I 'eck as like.

I wouldn't dare try. I'd only pick the wrong thing. Having said that she'd probably go for a decent lasagne

That involves far too much thinking. ;)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

1. North America
San Francisco (went a few years back but would love a return visit)
Dallas

South America
Caracas
Santiago

Europe
Munich
Berlin

Australasia
Sydney
Melbourne (for a ashes match at the MCG)

Asia
Tokyo
Delhi

Africa
Cairo
Cape Town ( again have visited but would love to go back )

2. Promotion

3. To be a chef

4. Filltto Porcini

5. Sparke, Kelly, Harte, Giles, Charles, Yorath, Healey, Sheridan, Keane, Speed & Rush
Winner of the Europa League