5 for October

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
Deleted User 728

Re: 5 for October

Post by Deleted User 728 »

jordiboy7 wrote:First time having a crack at this, so here goes.

1. Judging by what you have seen so far this season which 3 teams do you now think will go up from the Championship ?

Judging on what I've seen this season, anyone could get promoted. I can't see Bristol City and Sheff Utd sustaining there promising starts, and that can also be said for Cardiff. I think Wolves have a big chance to go up, and I think Villa will get it right too. I'll put Leeds in there as the third team, and be an optimist for once!

2. What are you looking forward to most at this moment in time ?

I'm going to a friend's wedding on Saturday. Never been to one before, so I'm excited to see what the fuss is all about. A great friend of mine too, who really looked after me when I moved to university. Also the first of the group of friends my age to get married, so its an exciting time. The lass he's marrying is lovely too, so I couldn't be happier for him.

3. Which Radio stations do you listen to ?

Not so much a fan of listening to the radio, I prefer playing music through my phone or the occasional CD. Talksport is the only station I really listen to. I do enjoy Drive at 4pm, I think Darren Gough is great.

4. Have you ever been asked to leave by those in charge (football stadium, nightclub, Pub, etc) ?

Never from a football stadium *touch wood*. At university, I got into a habit of being chucked out of nightclubs, most of the time was for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The most notable occasion was in a nightclub in Newcastle called "The Den", which has since been redesigned into something else. My mate and I agreed that whenever a particular song came on, we would have to strip to it, regardless of location, being that on a night out, in the design studio, the pub, anywhere. I took the idea from the lads holiday to Magaluf during the summer, but it is a lot easy to get away with such antics in such a place. The song came on in The Den, and I saw my mate looking at me from across the bar. Without a thought, I proceeded to take my shirt off and wave it. The bouncer got a hold of me pretty quick after that, and chucked me out literally with my jeans around my ankles. This was during freshers too, so I made quite the statement with my new course mates.

5. If cooking what do you consider your signature dish ?

Pot noodle. I cannot cook to save my life.

Bloody hell, that took me back.
The innocence of youth, eh ?
The wonders of marriage, the casual stripping in public, though I draw the line at Pot Noodles : I taught myself to cook at your age, my lad ;)
jordiboy7
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by jordiboy7 »

Can't go wrong with pot noodles mate!
It's important to fulfill the student stereotype too!
(However, I left university over a year ago, and still can't cook).
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

jordiboy7 wrote:Can't go wrong with pot noodles mate!
It's important to fulfill the student stereotype too!
(However, I left university over a year ago, and still can't cook).

I've spent more than six years of my adult life working at universities and I couldn't disagree more about the student stereotype :lol:

As for the cooking, just think of something you love - a curry or a pasta dish, maybe - and learn to cook it.
From there, just experiment. It's really easy once you get going and very satisfying - and it impresses whoever you cook for, of course :ugeek:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

1. Wolves, Cardiff, Leeds.

2. Waking up in the morning.

3. Never listen to the radio.

4. No.

5. Roast beef dinner with roast pots, three veg and Yorkshire pudding. Oh, and nice thick gravy.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:
5. Roast beef dinner with roast pots, three veg and Yorkshire pudding. Oh, and nice thick gravy.
Hope you include my fav Roast Parsnips in there John.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Sorry SW, my favourites are: Cauliflower, Broccoli and Sprouts!
I once played against Don Revie.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

1. Wolves, Fulham & Leeds

2. It's our 10th wedding anniversary next year and we've just booked the hotel and flights to spend a week in Venice to celebrate. It's my favourite place after Yorkshire

3. Radio Leeds mainly, especially at work and then change to Talksport when it goes to Radio 5 at 1am. Also the football phone-ins until I start to get wound up by some of the callers :lol:

4. Not asked to leave, but was stopped going into nightclubs quite often in my late teens / early twenties because I'd already had enough to drink

5. Probably mushroom risotto, hard work but worth it. Have also just started making my own bread, much better than shop bought.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.