What do you Spend/waste money on ?

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: What do you Spend/waste money on ?

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:YCCC have the largest following of any county away from home so accomadation tends to be at a Premium. At Scarborough the minute the fixtures come on the landladies book the rooms for the guys who had booked the previous year & they have to send their deposits within 7 days to secure the room.

My railcard saves me a fortune every year & my bus pass gets me around nicely, I'd be lost without those. 2 trips to Leicester last week saved £6-90 on the train fares trip to Headingley usually I save around £11 on the trip, it all adds up. The bus stop to Headingley is directly outside the station.

We also use Premier Inns or Hiltons & occasionally will splash out on such as http://www.lumleycastle.com but that's only for a night.
The bus stop to Headingley used to be in Infirmary Street. No. 76 if I remember correctly - left Leeds 49 years ago!
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: What do you Spend/waste money on ?

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:YCCC have the largest following of any county away from home so accomadation tends to be at a Premium. At Scarborough the minute the fixtures come on the landladies book the rooms for the guys who had booked the previous year & they have to send their deposits within 7 days to secure the room.

My railcard saves me a fortune every year & my bus pass gets me around nicely, I'd be lost without those. 2 trips to Leicester last week saved £6-90 on the train fares trip to Headingley usually I save around £11 on the trip, it all adds up. The bus stop to Headingley is directly outside the station.

We also use Premier Inns or Hiltons & occasionally will splash out on such as http://www.lumleycastle.com but that's only for a night.
We have a "Two together Railcard" saves us a fortune but mainly other stuff including holidays especially when flying from London.

Find Premier Inns and the like great for the tournaments as don't tend to spend a great deal of time at the hotel, usually at the venue most of the day.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.