Whats your Favourite UK Cities ?

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Whats your Favourite UK Cities ?

Post by Sniffer »

Salisbury, York, Chester, Harrogate looks nice but I've never been, bits of Birmingham and Cardiff. There's only one for me, though. I may be a bit biased, mind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england ... es?SThisFB
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Bristol's bloody marvellous, mate - best of everything IMHO.
Big enough to attract major arts, music and culture events, while small enough to walk everywhere.
Love the multi-cultural feel, the very distinct districts, the history, the scenery, the food (!) and the community feel that comes from the people that live there.

The only downside for me is I have two ex-girlfriends that live there.
One of them would be fine if we bumped into each other, but the other one .. doesn't bear thinking about.

I think I'd be constantly looking over my shoulder if I spent any significant time there these days !
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Salisbury's the same for me. Both me and the girlfriend love the place but, unfortunately, my wife lives there.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

York would be my first choice, especially at Christmas, just down the road too :thumbup:

Been to Bristol a couple of times, once when we were in the audience of Deal or No Deal :oops:. We went into the city a couple of nights. It was a long time ago, but I think we went down to like a square or something where everything seemed to be happening. Also went when we played Bristol City away. Very nice place.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Stayed overnight in Salisbury 8 or 9 years ago (at the Legacy Rose & Crown) but mainly to see Stonehenge, before going on to Bath. Had planned to see a Banksy exhibition that was on in Bristol at the time but when we drove past and saw the massive queue, decided to just keep driving and go somewhere else.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Sniffer wrote:Salisbury, York, Chester, Harrogate looks nice but I've never been, bits of Birmingham and Cardiff. There's only one for me, though. I may be a bit biased, mind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england ... es?SThisFB
Harrogate Town :p

Newcastle is a great city, mix of old and modern. Edinburgh is probably my favourite UK city, always enjoy going back.

York is nice but always busy these days.
SS6
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by SS6 »

Liverpool is a fantastic City these days. Come on massively the last few years. So much going on. Good nightlife also with some great old ale houses full of characters but also plenty modern bars if thats your gig.

Newcastle is also up there. Only problem i see there is that monstrosity towering over the City ...Osbourne Road in Jesmond has some lovely bars and places to eat.

Both places are also awash with very attractive women.
Tourist
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Tourist »

York all the way.