You and Leeds Utd ?

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

You and Leeds Utd ?

Post by Selby White »

1. Why did you become a Leeds Fan ?

2. If you could spend a evening meal in the company of any current Leeds player who would it be ?

3. If you could spend a evening meal in the company of any former Leeds player who would it be ?

4. What is your favourite Leeds match of all time ?

5. What is your biggest disappointment been a Leeds fan ?

6. How many Leeds Shirts do you own ?

7. Any other Leeds collectable items ?

8. Favourite current player ?

9. Favourite player of all time ?

10. Do you believe we will go up next season ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: You and Leeds Utd ?

Post by Selby White »

Will answer my own questions :-

Simply parents were both fans and took me to matches.
Early memories of taking a bathroom stool into the ground for me to stand on so I could see.
Back then it was the Scratching Shed for us before getting a season tickets in the West Stand Paddock a couple of years later. We had two one for me and the other shared by my parents. Father worked shifts and could only go every other match so Mother took me on those occasions.

2. If you could spend a evening meal in the company of any current Leeds player who would it be ?
Alioski, just reckon he's a bit of a character and would be a good laugh.

3. If you could spend a evening meal in the company of any former Leeds player who would it be ?
Jack Charlton without doubt, a great man but so down to earth.

Tough one so many to choose from but possibly our 5-1 demolition of the enemy in the early 70's.
Simply our school was split down the middle you were either Leeds or Man Utd and bragging rights made it a great time to be on the White side of the fence.

May 28th 1975, think I cried on the streets of Paris

Just One :oops:
Never been a big shirt collector but have lots of scarves.

Have a large framed picture of 72 cup winners in the hall.
Have a certified gold painted plate of Don's boys on the bedroom wall.
Have the full Esso collection on coins to commemorate the centenary FA Cup (coin for every winner in a display folder with the 72 winners the biggest of course).
Actually got a birthday card from the Club for my 21st signed by the players and manager at the time (Jimmy Adamson).

Kalvin Phillips - proved his critics wrong last season

Had many favs over the years but going for one just after that great era under the Don and say Tony Currie, complete midfield player for me.

Yes - always do :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

My dad.
Watched the 72 Cup Final sat on his knee and went flying across the room when Clarke scored. Two years later he died of thrombosis so it was a way of keeping hold of him for me.

Berardi, Pablo and Bamford because I think they'd be a bit more cultured than most.

Already enjoyed a meal with a former youth player (JohnH) but assuming you mean those still living, I think Lucas, Nigel Martyn and Eddie Gray would be a good combination of backgrounds, generations and craic.

Southampton 3-4 Leeds United because it was an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime game which I witnessed with my Arsenal supporting gf of the time and her daughter and it was the latter's first ever live game. "Can we go every week !??" :D

None. I don't regret a minute of it, really. I never look back and wish I could change things or do anything differently because you've got to keep swimming. Football's cyclical anyway - we'll get back up there eventually, but for now I'm just enjoying the ride like 95% of all real fans.

30-ish

.. er .. my flat is full of stuff. How about a dozen different Subbuteo teams for starters ?

Berardi.

Bremner.

Yes. But I say that every year ..
Deleted User 728

Selby White wrote: 1. Why did you become a Leeds Fan ?
Early memories of taking a
bathroom stool into the ground for me to stand on so I could see.
Might wanna rephrase that, mate :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:
Selby White wrote: 1. Why did you become a Leeds Fan ?
Early memories of taking a
bathroom stool into the ground for me to stand on so I could see.
Might wanna rephrase that, mate :D
Fold up type honest :lol:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

It was all my uncles fault back in the early 70's. I used to visit every weekend they had a massive garden (well it was to me coming from a council estate) and I'd play kick about with him on the warm summer days. He had a few "Park Drive" football books and he used to tell me about the players in it raving on about the Leeds side at the time and it didn't follow any particular team. So for me it was running around his garden being different Leeds players

Pity that didn't include the manager would be easier lol. I'd go for Pablo he'd have years of stories and experience and being a totally professional player for so long I'm wondering if theres anything he'd have missed out on. I'd also maybe pick up a few tips re my pigeon Spanish.

Albert Johanneson, I like to find out just what it was like for him behind the scenes playing for Leeds at that time.

The 4-1 home win v Stuttgart just gets pipped by the Viduka v Liverpool game were he scored 4.

When the bubble burst in the O'Leary days, I really thought we were going to become a great force again, then it just crumbled.

I did have over 20 but now I have just 4

Nothing really, a few scarves and books. Something possibly very few have is a ticket stub from Everton v Leeds 28th Jan 1964 FA cup game and tickets from Granville Hair's Testimonial. Granville played over 470 games for Leeds ( I was 3 & 17 months old on those dates :D ) Both very kindly donated for my man shed by Sir Johnh.

Kalvin Phillips, such a prospect.

Alan Clarke, used to just love running off after scoring shouting "Clarke"

YES
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Already enjoyed a meal with a former youth player (JohnH) but assuming you mean those still living, I think Lucas, Nigel Martyn and Eddie Gray would be a good combination of backgrounds, generations and craic.
I think you'll find Sir John may just remind you he's still here :D :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Davycc wrote:
I think you'll find Sir John may just remind you he's still here :D :thumbup:
:o

Sorry John and thanks Davy - I didn't realise it read like that till you pointed it out.

But you know what I meant ! :lol:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

At school it was Leeds or Liverpool, i already despised the colour red so that knocked the Pool out straight away, Leeds was my choice and never looked back.

Would prefer Biesla but it has to be a player so either Klich or Ayling. Could learn Polish or get some hair tips on my thinning locks :lol:

3. If you could spend a evening meal in the company of any former Leeds player who would it be?

Either Gordon Strachan or Vinnie Jones

At the ground I'd say Leeds vs Hull in the 1989/90 season where we won 4-3.

Live in OZ then either Viduka's 4 vs Liverpool or the Bristol Rovers game in the 2009/2010 season

Relegation in 1981/1982 & 2003/2004

Around 25 to 30!

programs, scarves and books

To be honest there is no real standout for me

First was Tony Currie then Gordon Strachan, Mark Viduka in the O'Leary years.

Of course no doubt about it ;)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I got into playing football at school and asked my dad who I should support. He suggested Leeds because I was born there.
Gianni Alioski, to see how long he could sit still for.
Gary McAllister
Southampton 3 - 4 Leeds United
The Wigan loss or the Derby loss.
Sadly not.
Kemar Roofe or Luke Ayling.
Alan Smith.
Yes, as long as Marcelo Bielsa is still our manager.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."