Who wants to be interviewed then?

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Who wants to be interviewed then?

Post by Sheepy »

BigLeedsFan72 wrote:Sheepy. Do you want me to come up with a few more questions?
Go for it mate!
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

I'll be a test subject if you like.
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

davidbattyspants wrote:I'll be a test subject if you like.
No worries I will send them to you in a day or two mate.
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
Deleted User 1076

1. How did you become a Leeds United fan?

I wasn't that interested in football until I was around seven or eight years old, despite my older brothers best efforts. When I finally started to get into football I didn't support anyone, but everyone and I mean literally everyone at my school supported Man Utd. I had no intention of following the crowd and since Leeds Utd was the team my family supported, I picked them along with a friend of mine.

2. Who is your favourite all time Leeds Player and why?

David Batty. Loved his commitment and tackling and he was a Yorkshireman.

3. How do you think B.McD has got the squad playing so far this year? Is there anything you would like him to change?

The team is doing better than I thought they would at the start of the season, but I still think our distribution is poor. We give the ball away too often and too easily. That might have changed recently because I haven't seen the last couple of games, but I love possession football. Teams should be patient and not try to force the long ball.

4. Are you a pet owner? If you are what do you love about your pet?

No. Always wanted a dog but mum would never let me have one. As a grown up I live alone, so I still cannot have a dog.

5. Do you follow any other teams? If so who and what league do they play in?

Professionally? I like to keep an eye on Real, Juventus and Bolton. I still have a spot for Juventus due to Roberto Baggio, one of my all time favourite players.
One team I follow regularly is Pontefract Ladies, who play in the West Riding County Ladies League.

6. We are only 1 point out of the top 6. Is it too early to get excited or do you think this could well be our year to reach the promised land of the Premier League?

7. If you were to be stuck on a deserted island with two people and three items who and what would they be?

Is this a family forum?

Ok,

1) Survival mentalist and all round nutjob, Bear Grylls. Just so I could laugh at him eating stuff.
2) Stephen Fry (or Christopher Hitchens if we can pick anyone)

1) A piano, so I could finally learn to play one
2) A photo of someone
3) Some kind of wind up MP3 player.

8. If you are not already in it, what would be your dream job?

Definitely a footballer. Getting paid to play football? Come on...

9. What was the last movie you went to the cinema to watch and came out thinking, 'I got real value for money there?'

Hmm.....Probably The Avengers, simply because it was two hours of enjoyment start to finish. And Scarlett was in it.

10. Beer, Wine, Spirits or Tea total?

Depends entirely on circumstance. I generally do not drink, unless its a night out. If I do have a drink through the week, it's usually a glass of wine. If I go out I start on bitter but end up on spirits. Special mention for Maker Mark bourbon. Top stuff.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Good questions and well answered. Think you forgot to fill in question 6 though!
How are pontefract ladies getting on this season?
Why does living alone preclude getting a dog? I live with my partner so we share the dog looking after/walking &c. but I imagine if I lived alone I would still have my two dogs.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SMorientes wrote:Good questions and well answered. Think you forgot to fill in question 6 though!
Agreed.

Also, can I ask why Bolton in number 5 ?. Apologies if I have missed something.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Really good interview, a feature that has been missed on here in my opinion :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I'm willing to be interviewed, been on here a year and 2/3 and am yet to have been interviewed.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 1076

Oops!

6. We are only 1 point out of the top 6. Is it too early to get excited or do you think this could well be our year to reach the promised land of the Premier League?

Its too early to get excited. I honestly think we are about our level right now and we lack firepower and creativity. Not saying we cannot hit the playoffs, but we will need to over perform to get there.
How are pontefract ladies getting on this season?
Why does living alone preclude getting a dog? I live with my partner so we share the dog looking after/walking &c. but I imagine if I lived alone I would still have my two dogs.
Pontefract are sitting fourth. Dodgy start saw them lose the first two games this season, but they've pulled it round, although a truly shocking ref robbed them against Bradford the other week.

I am out of the house for eleven to twelve hours a day when working, it wouldn't really be fair to the beast to leave it locked up alone for that amount of time.
Also, can I ask why Bolton in number 5 ?. Apologies if I have missed something.
I lived over on the Dark Side of the Pennies for about four years. Not being able to afford the travelling between Bolton and Leeds and the price of a ticket meant I ended up watching Bolton at home quite a bit.
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

SiMamu wrote:I'm willing to be interviewed, been on here a year and 2/3 and am yet to have been interviewed.
No worries you are next on the hit list. It gets a bit hard to come up with new questions so this section doesn't get too boring for members to visit :D
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee