Who wants to be interviewed then?

A quick questions and answers session for forum members
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Who wants to be interviewed then?

Post by Aces »

here's my answers to the questions:

1. Whats your favorite quote/saying?

Zee sh7te runs down Zee hill. My brother in law cracked the, I mentioned the war quote in front of some Germans in Barbados and a German guy quipped this back.

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you pick?

Australia Australia Australia. I have a visa to go live there, but the wife and kids don't want to go.

3. If you could bring back one ex player from the past 6 seasons, who would you pick?

Snodgrass.

4. What would you rather have - a mundane job with a high salary, or a job that is interesting put poorly paid?

Surely every job is mundane eventually, the money every time.

5. Whilst you read this, can you tell us who is the nearest person to you?

The wife.

6. Tell us what your favourite meal is.

Indian curry.

7. Can you remember your first crush?

Yes. Jane Spivy in 1969 at Cross hall junior school, on Fountain street in Morley.

8. Who, in your opinion, is the greatest ever comedy character?

Norman Stanley Fletcher (Porridge). I love Will Ferrell though.

9. Which club do you think will be this seasons dark horses in the Championship?

Leeds, hopefully.

10. What is your biggest regret in life?

Not going to Australia.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

BB: are you a journalist ?? :D

Talk about taking things out of context !

This is why you should always be wary of being quoted ...

What I actually said was "People often think I'm arrogant when they first meet me, but usually end up loving me :D
I think I'd win it so long as I survived the first couple of weeks ...
"

Now, the bit about ending up loving me was firmly in cheek, but by and large I do come across as being arrogant, while I like to think of myself as just being confident.

:angel:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:BB: are you a journalist ?? :D

In his previous life BB was an ex journalist ...... ;)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:BB: are you a journalist ?? :D

In his previous life BB was an ex journalist ...... ;)
Rumbled, :lol: :

All in jest Rigger, no offence intended :) . Would fancy my chances on Big Brother myself to be honest, cannot be any worse than the usual rabble they get on that thing :yawn:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Great answers everyone, enjoyed reading them all :thumbup:
rigger wrote: 4. Do you believe in anything supernatural?
I'm a staunch atheist, but something happened to me a while back ...
My mother died in 1999 and my sister - who lives in Jo'burg - had been over a few times in the three years she was under treatment for cancer. On her return to Africa, she went to see a medium. She asked to speak to our mother, but she was literally fresh in the ground at that point, so she wasn't surprised when nothing happened. Her friend went in afterwards and my mother appeared to her and asked her to tell my sister not to worry: the cancer wasn't hereditary, but was caused when she fell off a ladder whilst decorating, landing on the bannister rod upright at the end of the stairs.
Only three people on the planet could have known about that: my sister, myself and our step-father.
Now thats spooky isnt it, makes you think there must be something in it.....
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Absolutely.

I was decorating with her at the time and she landed on her chest with the wooden "ball" bit on the top of the banister pole jarring into her rib-cage about where her heart was.
I mean this bit:

She had been standing on a couple of planks that we'd set up using a ladder to paint the long drop of our stairwell, lost concentration and simply fell off.
A few years later, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. What she was alluding to "from beyond the grave" was that it was the injury that caused it, nothing in her genes so my sister needn't worry on that score.

We were very close as my father died when I was 7, and despite her remarrying a couple of years later it was me she first told about the lump she found. She actually said "Put your hand there" and pointed to her breast and I laughingly said "Shut up!" or something, but then I saw the look on her face and when I touched her chest I could feel a lump about the size of a walnut. I took her to the doctor there and then and two days later she had a mastectomy, which saved her life. No chemo, just off ..

Thing is, you run a higher risk of a recurrence once you've had it and despite them removing her lymph glands at the time of the original operation, eventually it caught up with her fifteen years later and finally took her in the form of bowel cancer.

When I think back to it all now, that story about my sister is one of the events that stands out the most. The medium was a friend of a friend, a white woman in Zimbabwe who never made any money from her "gift", but just did it when she was in the mood if someone asked her to.
I'm skeptical about a lot of the people over here who claim to be able to contact the dead or have visions or predict the future or whatever simply because I don't believe there can be so many of them out there. I also find it amusing that such a high proportion of them seem to be of the "mad cat" variety who are slightly goth and live on their own surrounded by moggies. The mere fact that it's always women - apart from Derek Accora (spelling?) who's as camp as a row of pink tents on Brighton seafront, of course ...

Anyway .. enough already.
I can "feel" it's time for me to shut up about this :D
MrBones1986
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by MrBones1986 »

Yea go on then! :thumbup:
conorlufc
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by conorlufc »

Ill have a go at this seems very good actually!
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

Sheepy. Do you want me to come up with a few more questions?
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
LeeBowyersLawyer
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by LeeBowyersLawyer »

ask me anything. read my username, you know i have some juicy tales to tell.