£331,426

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: £331,426

Post by phil62 »

No I don't. It wasn't about that at all, but do you know what? I give up.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

On a factual point, if an article in The Guardian can ever be called factual - the £331k has to be lodged with solicitors pending 'bonus' payments Gibbs expects to receive from Spurs. I respectfully suggest we all cheer on Spurs for the title (I am anyway, don't like Foxes since I helped fund their stadium through PAYE which led to the 10 points deductions we all suffer these days and the shenanigans around FFP which 'suggests' they may have cheated to escape the Champs). With luck Gibbs' bonuses will reduce our costs to next to nothing :D
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Blimey, someone doesn't want Leicester to win it! :D It suddenly seems like we all HAVE to support them, it's quite funny really. I don't really care who wins it but I'd love it to go to the wire. It's quite tiresome hearing what a modern miracle they are and how amazing it would be if they won the title as it's 'unprecedented'. Well WE won it in 1992, two years after being in Div 2, AND we didn't have any Huth type thugs in our line-up either. I'm pleased for Schmeichel to be getting the plaudits too.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Is hair pulling any less of an offence than biting (Huth on Fellaini yesterday)?
attacco decente
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Mellor wrote:Is hair pulling any less of an offence than biting (Huth on Fellaini yesterday)?
It's bang out of order imo actually but I'm not sure what you're referring to with the biting? They should both have been sent off, AFTER being allowed to scratch and throw handbags at each other for a few minutes :D
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Just that there's universal outrage when a player bites but from what I've seen Fellaini's retaliation having had Huth hanging off his barnet is the only crime. I often find myself sympathising with the 'retaliator'. We all know they shouldn't do it but they are often pushed to the limit.

Another fact I saw was 'professional fouls' (the stuff where a break is on so a player pulls an opponent back/does what's necessary to prevent the break). Foxes have committed more than any other EPL side (apparently). Some will say 'professional' others 'cheat'. Despite having more yellow cards than any other Champs side Lufc are the most naive side I've seen this season - we really haven't mastered the dark arts.

I'm really not living the Foxes dream with them tbh. That's before I get to clappy sticks and rooms full of recently acquired fans in blue shirts in Thailand.

Good luck to 'em but I'll save my 'rooting' for Lufc.
attacco decente
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Can't really disagree but I was pointing out that our title winning side didn't have thugs like Huth in. TBH I felt mildly empathetic towards Fellaini yesterday, but that doesn't detract from his common usage of his elbows to slot opponents in the head :D. Even England's Hope (Rooney) is getting sneaky again and being the aggressor but at least you know he's had to endure that for most of his career.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

phil62 wrote:What I resent is the amount of money - plain and simple. It's obscene.
and that was my sentiment exactly , as you say, plain and simple it is wrong. I long for the day Sky goes tits up and an end is brought to this ever spiralling gravy train.