Bellusci- part of our best defence post relegation?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Bellusci- part of our best defence post relegation?

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Not good in the air, not fast, not a good marker. So if he really is one of our best defenders of the last 10 years then blimey, we've been scraping the bottom of the barrel haven't we?

A few on here have said all along we think he would do well as a midfield anchor type. I stand by that, though I'd prefer he wasn't part of our team in general.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Bellusci needs to go, for his own sake (and ours I fear). He's not liked by many who seize on his every error which can't be great for him or us. My only worry is once he's gone fans will line up another scapegoat - there's one every season sadly. Funny how some players can mess up with impunity, can do no wrong, while others can do nothing right.

And we haven't had a great deal of luck with CBs of late. Kisnorbo was great for a while. Naylor also. Beyond that?

Strange really cos we've had terrific CBs over the years, Charles, Charlton, Hunter, Lucas, Woody and Rio being the best for me. Where did it all go wrong :(
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Bellusci appears to be our best CB but, let's be honest, there's not a lot of competition. Bamba is woeful and I dread it when Silvestri rolls the ball to him to bring it out. More often than that he gives it away, or performs some risky manoeuvre that scares me to death. Yesterday, despite his well taken goal, he was truly woeful and his lack of urgency getting back in the last 20 minutes was scandalous. The people around me were very vocal about it. Wootton? Well we've never seen him at CB, which I think is a shame as its his natural position, so hard to judge. Cooper has probably been the next best and I think he has improved as the season has gone on. I would certainly persevere with him.

Bellusci - I think has probably blotted his copy book for the last time at Leeds but I can see him going elsewhere and doing annoyingly well. He is a proper footballer in terms of his skill, probably the best we've had in that department since the O' Leary era, however, he is prone to doing stupid things that cost us games, usually when he hauls people down after they have got round him. It's a shame he can't eradicate it from his game but I fear he can't. I suspect we will cash in on Bellucci, as he was being pursued in the transfer window, but if we kept him I wouldn't mind. I still think his advantages outweigh his disadvantages.
Last edited by phil62 on 04 May 2016, 20:42, edited 2 times in total.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Just seen on Twitter someone saying Peppe doesn't want to be at Leeds if Evans stays! Obviously that may or may not be true but the fact i could easily believe he has said it means he isn't for me. I saw enough of his dissent at the friendly in Eugendorff to know he is not the type of player you want in your side, especially a team of young players. Hope he goes but we do need at least one really good, experienced CB or our defence will never get better.
Verloc
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Verloc »

Bellusci's contract details have been leaked by an LUFC employee to Simon O'Rourke, after Bellusci had tweeted a spreadsheet basically showing LUFC's results were better when he was in the team than when he wasn't. The details are now all over twitter. I'll cut to the chase, Bellusci has been paid over £17,000 per week over the course of the year (basic wage plus appearance and 'staying up' bonuses). A man who has refused to play for Leeds United. Wonder what Taylor, Cook and co. make of that?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Verloc wrote:Bellusci's contract details have been leaked by an LUFC employee to Simon O'Rourke, after Bellusci had tweeted a spreadsheet basically showing LUFC's results were better when he was in the team than when he wasn't. The details are now all over twitter. I'll cut to the chase, Bellusci has been paid over £17,000 per week over the course of the year (basic wage plus appearance and 'staying up' bonuses). A man who has refused to play for Leeds United. Wonder what Taylor, Cook and co. make of that?
What's the make up of basic v bonuses, I assume all players will get the bonus payments.
Seem to recall Cellino prefers a low basic with higher bonuses when renegotiating the Murphy contract.

I'm surprised that the employee as only leaked Bellusci info, surely if he/she has access to all salaries and not just one (comparing would tell much more) . Would have to be someone high up the tree to have that info I would imagine. Possibly only 2 or 3 people let's see whose sacked for breach of contract.

Saying that it's from O'Rourke and personally he is one I don't trust, hasn't always been the most accurate.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Verloc
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Verloc »

Gross Basic Salary £707,200
Bonus based on Appearances £63,500
Bonus for Retaining Championship status £132,500
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

The sooner the worrier goes the better, he worries me nearly every game, he looks good at times, then drops a clanger.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Aces wrote:The sooner the worrier goes the better, he worries me nearly every game, he looks good at times, then drops a clanger.
Don't they all Aces? Give me Bellusci over Bamba any day of the week.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

phil62 wrote:
Aces wrote:The sooner the worrier goes the better, he worries me nearly every game, he looks good at times, then drops a clanger.
Don't they all Aces? Give me Bellusci over Bamba any day of the week.
Me too Phil and I also suspect of the two of them he isn't the highest earner :crazy: :silent:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.