Are Steve Evans' days numbered and should they be?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Are Steve Evans' days numbered and should they be?

Post by SiMamu »

I want Flores over Pearson, Moyes and McCarthy, tbh.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

I went to the trouble of looking into this guy (along with another couple of up and coming lower league young managers) a couple of months ago when it started to become obvious that Evans was not going to be retained.

He will be snapped up as he has done a good job wherever he has been.

Also has 2 play-off wins to his name and a last day 'squeeze' into the auto spots.................tells me that he gets the job done however it is required and keeps his teams at it mentally.

Hope he comes and then i hope Cellino leaves him alone to get on with things.................here's hoping!
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Interesting to see so much sympathy for Evans and whilst I agree with it on the whole, it's nothing compared to how disgracefully Cellino treated Brian McDermott those long two years ago.
I think the difference is irrespective of the qualities of both men as individuals, is that Evans delivered to a degree on the pitch whereas post Xmas under BMc were appalling.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

rss1969 wrote:I went to the trouble of looking into this guy (along with another couple of up and coming lower league young managers) a couple of months ago when it started to become obvious that Evans was not going to be retained.

He will be snapped up as he has done a good job wherever he has been.

Also has 2 play-off wins to his name and a last day 'squeeze' into the auto spots.................tells me that he gets the job done however it is required and keeps his teams at it mentally.

Hope he comes and then i hope Cellino leaves him alone to get on with things.................here's hoping!
I think he will turn us down his governer is seriously wealthy plus he has just upped the cost of Cellino dismissing by offering him a 3 year contract. £150k to poach him and £750k severance pay £900k may no longer be a cheap enough option :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

isrodger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:Interesting to see so much sympathy for Evans and whilst I agree with it on the whole, it's nothing compared to how disgracefully Cellino treated Brian McDermott those long two years ago.
I think the difference is irrespective of the qualities of both men as individuals, is that Evans delivered to a degree on the pitch whereas post Xmas under BMc were appalling.
I think it's more a matter of some supporters thinking Cellino was worthy of forgiveness regardless of how disgusting he behaved in those very early days to the manager. Now I think a fair number of supporters have decided enough's enough, this is OUR coach he's humiliating again, it's beneath contempt.

The football under Evans has been the worst for a long long time, McDermott was struggling but he didn't deserve to be sacked imo or treated so disrespectfully.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

SiMamu wrote:I want Flores over Pearson, Moyes and McCarthy, tbh.
Flores is one name being touted for the Spain job after the Euros when Del Bosque retires, though.

If he's being mentioned for that level of job there's no way he's gonna work here, Cellino or otherwise.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Pearson is in for the Villa job along with Matteo. Moyes has pulled out. There is no way that Moyes would work for Cellino. He has his eyes on the Everton job.
I once played against Don Revie.
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

None of the managers mentioned, the likes of Pearson, Moyes, McCarthy would work for Cellino. Even the MK Dons manager wouldnt work for him. My point is if that if we were genuinely going to make a "big push" next season as was touted a few weeks ago to sell season tickets, it is this calibre of manager we would be able to attract.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

If Clarke's ambitious and we meet the 'conditions' he'll come. MK Dons man will always wonder if he made the right choice. if Clarke turns us down he isn't the man for the job.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

David Anderson ‏@MirrorAnderson · 6m6 minutes ago

Massimo Cellino says he has not decided on Leeds' new boss as Bristol Rovers claim they have rejected an approach for Darrell Clarke.
Cellino says he is in Italy taking to another contender, who is not Italian, but who speaks good English.
"I have not decided about the manager," said Cellino. "I'm in Italy now meeting another before I decide."

Speculated that it's Ivan Juric.

CroSports ‏@CroSports_ · 22m22 minutes ago

Ivan Juric confirmed he is leaving Crotone. Some say he is Genoa bound, but not so fast. Said he left on "bad terms."
Leeds still in play.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."