Are Steve Evans' days numbered and should they be?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: Are Steve Evans' days numbered and should they be?

Post by dangermouse »

...and for those reasons I don't think we will be getting Clark. Cellino will not want to shell out that kind of money for a few months work. I still think the most likely scenario will be a very cheap/free agent option from Italy who can be disposed of at little cost.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

dangermouse wrote:...and for those reasons I don't think we will be getting Clark. Cellino will not want to shell out that kind of money for a few months work. I still think the most likely scenario will be a very cheap/free agent option from Italy who can be disposed of at little cost.

That will spell either mid table obscurity at best or potentially a relegation season.
Winner of the Europa League
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

dangermouse wrote:...and for those reasons I don't think we will be getting Clark. Cellino will not want to shell out that kind of money for a few months work. I still think the most likely scenario will be a very cheap/free agent option from Italy who can be disposed of at little cost.
Enter: Luis Diego Lopez.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SiMamu wrote:
Enter: Luis Diego Lopez.
or Roberto Stellone (no Rigger, not the star of the Rocky movies :D).
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Southstander wrote:Can I take it then that Mourinho has decided not take up Cellino's challenge to come to Elland Road in the end. Whoever is in charge of the team next season needs money to spend and a lot of it as the current squad is nowhere near good enough to challenge for the play offs. We have no pace, nobody with a good footballing head on their shoulders, no flair, a shambolic defence, no leaders on the pitch, no strike force etc etc. To be honest unless there is a dramatic change at the club I can already see us down there in a relegation battle next season. With what is going on in the managerial department, lack of return to training date, lack of pre season schedule on top of all the other turmoil within the club player moral must be at rock bottom.

I think Evans did a decent job with what he had to work with and he has a good track record. Given a bit of cash to splash in the summer I think he could take us forward but alas Mr President has other ideas. We will end up with a coach who once took a club to the semi final of the Johnstones paint trophy and that will be enough to convince Mr President that they could take Leeds to the dizzy heights of the Premier League with a transfer budget comparable to that of Guiseley FC. I wonder if the Byram transfer money will be avaialble to spend or if it has quietly found its way to our friends in the Middle East. Maybe its been eaten up by compensation claims, fines etc.

So what if Evans talked too much, I would rather that than somone who keeps quiet and dutifully does as he is instructed by Cellino. After all these years and dozens of coaches later (both here and in Italy) has it not dawned on Cellino that the problem is not the coaches, its him. :!:
For Cellino to say that Evans talked too much just shows the infantile nature of Cellino - really pathetic!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Phil Hay reporting that Evans was back at work today, and that we have been negotiating the compensation for Clarke. Interestingly, he is also reporting that Leeds want to get this deal done.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

At the time MC said SE talked too much I seem to remember SE was making up stories (lying) about contracts for Cook etc and talking up his own credentials for 16/17 despite the team being on a poor run. SE accepted he needed to change his ways from memory, he did and started winning games again I think. Best kept in house, of course.

Hoping this is true from Phil Hay:

Leeds and Rovers been negotiating compo. for Clarke but it sounds like Leeds want to get this done.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

What really worries me today, as we await the next development, is that, knowing the sort of egocentric, madman Cellino is, he may now pay whatever Clarke asks, to ensure the world doesn't see him fail with two attempts to lure lower league managers to his club! Then, when we have a few dodgy results at the start of the season, after a hastily put together pre season during which CLarke would only be learning about the team, he sacks him and faces another huge payout or court case or both! I am firmly of the opinion that the best outcome is that everyone he approaches turns him dow and he has to give Evans a new contract! Cellino is at his worst when he is cornered - he may keep going until finally some no-hoper agrees to fill the job.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Mellor wrote:At the time MC said SE talked too much I seem to remember SE was making up stories (lying) about contracts for Cook etc and talking up his own credentials for 16/17 despite the team being on a poor run. SE accepted he needed to change his ways from memory, he did and started winning games again I think. Best kept in house, of course.

Hoping this is true from Phil Hay:

Leeds and Rovers been negotiating compo. for Clarke but it sounds like Leeds want to get this done.
I see what you are saying, I think that what I meant is that - this should not be a reason to get rid of a manager. Most managers 'talk too much' Mourihno for instance!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Adam Pope reporting that Darrell Clarke goes on his Stag Do to Vegas in 1 week. I've double checked, and it's not April 1st.