ST sales initiative

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: ST sales initiative

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote:
1964white wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
1964white wrote:Haven't bothered for the first time in 13 years for various reasons

Will do my usual amount of away games (around 15), still get to ER a few times just more selective come the new season.
Blimey, that's a tough call for someone like you 1964.

Will you get a membership for the away games ?.
No BB, I have plenty of contacts :)

I couldn't give home tickets away last season, i suspect it will be the same in 2016/17
I thought as much :D, I only ask as my lad is not renewing but fancies a few away games.
The only problem i may have is if the fixture list throws up Burton Albion (low allocation) in our first couple of away games
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
1964white wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
1964white wrote:Haven't bothered for the first time in 13 years for various reasons

Will do my usual amount of away games (around 15), still get to ER a few times just more selective come the new season.
Blimey, that's a tough call for someone like you 1964.

Will you get a membership for the away games ?.
No BB, I have plenty of contacts :)

I couldn't give home tickets away last season, i suspect it will be the same in 2016/17
Same here, I felt embarrassed on occasion, mainly midweek games though.
Saturday & Tuesday games with me. Ironically I had four free tickets for the Wolves game & we played our best football of the season in the 2nd half at ER
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mellor wrote:Nice to see Josh Warrington buying a ST on the Kop, imagine he could get a free celebrity pass. Also good to see SS just about sold out. Amazing in some ways how many STs have been sold, in others there's clearly still plenty of fans who just want to watch Lufc play football. Let's hope the team can put on a show. Despite the uncertainty I'm still looking forward to the first game & catching up with everyone in my bit of the Kop. With Villa and Newcastle dropping in there should be some decent crowds next season.

Josh Warrington (@J_Warrington) 30/05/2016, 12:40 pm
@Jam13Simmo kop, south sold out more or less.
All the lads behind have deserted you, you'll have the kop to yourself mate ;)
Verloc
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Verloc »

Club has announced ST sales have hit 12,000 mark today - close to last season's total. Tomorrow is final day to be eligible for the 'offer'.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Verloc wrote:Club has announced ST sales have hit 12,000 mark today - close to last season's total. Tomorrow is final day to be eligible for the 'offer'.
So without the offer we'd have sold nowhere near the 12/13k mark

Credit to MC for the initiative
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Renewed today but more to do with my lack of things to do on a weekend than the club being ambitious and inspiring me to sign up for another season.

The wife has decided not to, Cellinos comments regarding women and football were the last straw and she'll be spending her £445 elsewhere.
Verloc

Post by Verloc »

1964white wrote:
Verloc wrote:Club has announced ST sales have hit 12,000 mark today - close to last season's total. Tomorrow is final day to be eligible for the 'offer'.

I think the club will be pleased with the 12k they've reached so far. I would say the offer has worked. In my opinion, we'd have been down to 8/9k without it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Verloc wrote:
1964white wrote:

I think the club will be pleased with the 12k they've reached so far. I would say the offer has worked. In my opinion, we'd have been down to 8/9k without it.
Indeed would have been around the 8/9k mark :thumbup: If we sell the same amount as last season we'll make less profit once the 15% refunds are paid back

Our season-ticket sales are generally poor in comparison to some of the other championship clubs such as Derby, Brighton & Norwich, they are obviously conducting their business correctly
Verloc

Post by Verloc »

1964white wrote:
Verloc wrote:
1964white wrote:

Indeed would have been around the 8/9k mark :thumbup: If we sell the same amount as last season we'll make less profit once the 15% refunds are paid back

Our season-ticket sales are generally poor in comparison to some of the other championship clubs such as Derby, Brighton & Norwich, they are obviously conducting their business correctly
25% refunds, but I think the club needed the money ASAP. They'll worry about the refunds in 12 months time.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

The thing that pleases me most is the family side of things, the excellent deal for kids will get us supporters for life.
That's how I started (taken by parents) and it's a passion that's stayed with me through good and bad times.
Recent regimes have priced families out and MC is correcting that in my opinion.

We've been losing fans for a long time now and aiming at the next generation is a key move in the future of the Club.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.